Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: Random Stuff: "Damn Korea, Back At It Again With The Spambots." Edition

This might be a bit of a downer but it is an issue that effects everyone. People in America and Britain are literally being arrested for this.

What is your opinion on political correctness?

Now I'm not saying to say if your left or right, I just want to know what your stance is on the issue. In my opinion political correctness suppresses criticism, narratives and parodies of religious, feminine, homosexual or masculine views, which has made some of the most thought-provoking and memorable moments in print and digital media.
05-18-2016, 07:10 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Political correctness works if you're a politician and is aware that the politically correct language makes everything you say very vague because it doesn't name a specific group/subgroup/ of people, which might even become more insulting and infuriating to the people.

However, if you decide to say whatever to whoever you should be aware that a great deal of words are loaded terms. You are free to say kike, faggot, slut but don't be surprised if you receive a frown. This should also not be criminal offence. Even though I am a right-leaning individual (somewhere between libertarian/anarchist) I refrain from using loaded terms mostly because I feel it is unnecessary to call someone a shitskin or some other inflammatory term. It is a choice that I make. On the other hand, I have never been provoked enough to a degree where I haven't been able to control my language.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
05-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Except when it's being used knowingly and specifically ironic or jokingly, I support political correctness to a very high degree. It should definitely not ever be a criminal offense, but we live in a multicultural world and it would greatly help interpersonal relationships if we put some effort into how we converse with others and are considerate to more sensitive or controversial topics. In most discussions or conversations, I believe that except for very rare situations, people can word themselves and refine their choice of words to get the same point they're trying to make across while reducing possibility of being offensive to the lowest possible.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 09:07 AM by Kreekakon.)
05-18-2016, 09:04 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(05-18-2016, 09:04 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Except when it's being...

Should 'politically incorrect' statements be censored though?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
05-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(05-18-2016, 12:43 PM)i3670 Wrote: Should 'politically incorrect' statements be censored though?

No definitely not. I would only suggest that the people who say the politically incorrect things to consider if there may be a more mellow way to say the exact same point he's trying to get across.

Image by BandyGrass
05-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

The whole term of "political correctness" is a negatively loaded term at this point. I dislike this term and I prefer to think my own thoughts without carefully making sure I don't offend anyone. Obviously I try not to, but if I end up doing it, most likely it was unintentional or the person who got offended is just trying to get offended easily in order to be "the victim" and get support. This is why I dislike it.

05-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

How do to proper political correctness in a nutshell: Show restraint and don't let yourself completely go. Be considerate but not to the point where you're driving yourself crazy.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 02:10 PM by Kreekakon.)
05-18-2016, 02:10 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(05-18-2016, 01:51 AM)7heDubz Wrote: I have, and most definitely yes. Been loving every second, even when I die a bunch xD
I have the hardware, the spirit but lack the money, damn.
05-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Never fucking trust an SD card. At least I'm sure I'll never do it anymore.
It's the second time I lost all files from my phone. I would be cool if it actually broke for a reason, but it simply noped and showed me the middle finger.
I just needed to mourn a little.
Do backups. SD ain't shit but hoes and tricks.
Fuck 'em.

05-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(05-18-2016, 09:12 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Never fucking trust an SD card. At least I'm sure I'll never do it anymore.
It's the second time I lost all files from my phone. I would be cool if it actually broke for a reason, but it simply noped and showed me the middle finger.
I just needed to mourn a little.
Do backups. SD ain't shit but hoes and tricks.
Fuck 'em.

KILL THEM, MY PIGS! KILL THEM ALL!
05-18-2016, 10:15 PM
Find