Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Random Stuff

(05-25-2014, 03:55 PM)eliasfrost Wrote: Being single is no elses fault than yours. Funny thing is he called himself a nice guy and then proceeded to tell people he'd boil women alive. Oh yeah and he killed some people, he's probably the nicest guy alive.

The scary thing is that a large number of MRA members talk the same way he does, good thing they haven't killed anyone yet. Point is, they use the same language and have the same values and entitlement issues.

I guess this is what happens when you give a gun to a fedora neckbeard.

Most people aren't that self absorbed with a god complex, though. This guy wasn't the regular ol' "I'm a nice guy, why am I not surrounded by women 24/7", this guy was surely mentally sick.
05-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(05-25-2014, 04:33 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Anyway, lots of flies in my room. I have no idea what they hope to accomplish by flying in through the window. Then they just fly around in my room.. and then I spray them with some Raid bug spray. Satisfying to see them die in front of my very eyes.

How many of you voted/are going to vote in the EU Parliament Election? I'll go do that right now, personally going to vote for the Pirate Party after taking an online survey and getting similar views as them.

Hanyuu?

[Image: p229xcq]
05-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(05-25-2014, 04:23 PM)Dogfood Wrote: ironic enough, most women demand that a man matches the "manly" standards which are given to him by society (since forever). That is to be confident - high self esteem, strong and assertive. Then women seem to complain that we judge them by the size of breasts, beauty and sexiness.

You tell me about it! I mean, healthy self image and conventional physical beauty are totally on the same plane, right?

Btw, is it really true about cinnamontoastken? I kinda liked that guy. I would be sad if he turned obnoxious like the others. Not that there's anything wrong with obnoxious.

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 01:48 AM by MyRedNeptune.)
05-26-2014, 01:42 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(05-25-2014, 03:55 PM)eliasfrost Wrote: Being single is no elses fault than yours. Funny thing is he called himself a nice guy and then proceeded to tell people he'd boil women alive. Oh yeah and he killed some people, he's probably the nicest guy alive.

The scary thing is that a large number of MRA members talk the same way he does, good thing they haven't killed anyone yet. Point is, they use the same language and have the same values and entitlement issues.

I know, right? But I guess in this case it was an inner fedora. A fedora of the heart, if you will. I'm kind of hoping this will put the MRAs on the map as a hate group, since this guy had some contact withy them. He's being hailed as a hero in some circles.

05-26-2014, 02:04 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Damn. Who else has written a novel or something similiar?
I might be in need of some improving writing techniques.

How would you start building, something similiar to those vast epic battles, like in LOTR for example?
05-26-2014, 07:16 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(05-26-2014, 02:04 AM)Abraxas Wrote: But I guess in this case it was an inner fedora. A fedora of the heart, if you will.
Good, let the fedora flow through you..

[Image: emperor-palpatine.jpg]

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
05-26-2014, 07:32 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(05-26-2014, 02:04 AM)Abraxas Wrote:

I know, right? But I guess in this case it was an inner fedora. A fedora of the heart, if you will. I'm kind of hoping this will put the MRAs on the map as a hate group, since this guy had some contact withy them. He's being hailed as a hero in some circles.

I sincerely agree, if anything MRA is a hate group and it's surprising that it hasn't gotten the kind of attention they need. If MRA really was advocating for men's rights then they would focus on stuff like internalization, entitledment to women's bodies, what it means to be a man and all of it's pressure it puts on young men today, parental leave for men and to pay mind the social stigma that comes along with that. rape culture between men and young boys. kids that gets in trouble with aggresive fathers.. The list goes fucking on but the only thing MRA does is to whine about feminists and shame men who sides with feminists. Oh and like you said, they hail this guy as a hero, that says a lot about the MRA.

Also, MRA influenced a lot of this guy's behaviour and fed him values. The sickening part of it all is that when the MRA is getting the blame (which they rightfully should get, because this was an act of misogyny above anything else) they get angry. It doesn't occur to them that this is the kind of behaviour they should condemn? That this is something they should despise and not hail? And then they have the guts to get all defensive when people blame them for this? Have some fucking insight and take responsibility for christ sake, and this is a group that wants to get recognized as a RIGHTS activist group? I mean come on.

EDITx2: On a wholely unrelated note, Front National, a righ-wing extremist party in France got 25% (fucking 25%) in the election for the EP (European Parliament). UKIP won the British EP election and SD, a swedish right-wing party, got 10% in Sweden. What is wrong with people?

Also, not even 50% of the population of Sweden took the time to vote. Not even 50%!

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 09:48 AM by eliasfrost.)
05-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Actually, I think it was about 51% of Sweden who voted, but yeah, not a big difference. Also, I don't think the reason people vote on SD here in sweden is primarily because they don't want immigrants in Sweden, I believe there are a lot of old people(for a lack of a better term) who vote for them because they've promised a better care for elderly.
05-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I do wonder can Traggey sing Rains of Castamere in his deep, manly voice.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 03:27 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
05-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(05-26-2014, 03:18 PM)Tiger Wrote: Also, I don't think the reason people vote on SD here in sweden is primarily because they don't want immigrants in Sweden, I believe there are a lot of old people(for a lack of a better term) who vote for them because they've promised a better care for elderly.

Probably a mix of those, together with frustrated and unemployed immigrants and low-income takers together with people fed up with the other parties.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 04:11 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
05-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Find