Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: The Biggest Thread Ever Made: Its Legacy shall Live On

[Image: SCAREDFACE.jpg]

Trying is the first step to success.
04-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Dark Suols 3 is gonna release tomorrow; me so excitement I is kill
04-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

And I'm just sitting here waiting for DOOM and Outlast 2.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
04-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I finally finished my newly built PC just in time for all the good/pretty games coming out this year (Doom, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Overwatch, Monster Hunter Online, and possibly Outlast 2). I'd get Dark Souls 3 but I havent gotten further than 2 hours in DS2 and I still need a controller... =[

I tested it with SOMA, everything max, 1920x1080 and got a consistent 60fps for the first two chapters or so that I tested. To put it in perspective, on my current 5 year old laptop, I had everything at the lowest (some mid) and barely got 30, maybe 25fps. Is this what the game is supposed to look like? Kreygasm

Simple specs for anyone curious:
- Intel Core i7-4790k 4.0gHz
- EVGA GeForce GTX970 4gb
- 8GB RAM (will probably upgrade to 16 in the future)
among other fancy shmancy things like an h60 liquid cpu cooler. Started building this in September, had a broken motherboard, came back monday and finished my PC today. What an adventure....
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2016, 05:14 AM by Statyk.)
04-13-2016, 05:07 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(04-13-2016, 05:07 AM)Statyk Wrote: I finally finished my newly built PC just in time for all the good/pretty games coming out this year (Doom, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Overwatch, Monster Hunter Online, and possibly Outlast 2). I'd get Dark Souls 3 but I havent gotten further than 2 hours in DS2 and I still need a controller... =[

I tested it with SOMA, everything max, 1920x1080 and got a consistent 60fps for the first two chapters or so that I tested. To put it in perspective, on my current 5 year old laptop, I had everything at the lowest (some mid) and barely got 30, maybe 25fps. Is this what the game is supposed to look like? Kreygasm

among other fancy shmancy things like an h60 liquid cpu cooler. Started building this in September, had a broken motherboard, came back monday and finished my PC today. What an adventure....

I don't think that SOMA is the best way to test your new PC. Its requirements are fairly weak, I remember playing it on highest details with constant 60+ FPS framerate on my old PC (Radeon HD 7800 and i3 I believe?). You should test some stuff like Fallout 4 with mods, The Division, ARK, and maybe Witcher 3 with hairworks ON. I built a similiar PC recently although with i5-4460.
04-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

That sounds Awesome Statyk! Nothing better than being prepared for the new games!
Catalyst and Overwatch are definitely also on my list of: "OMG I MUST PLAY THESE!"

Trying is the first step to success.
04-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(04-13-2016, 05:07 AM)Statyk Wrote: I finally finished my newly built PC just in time for all the good/pretty games coming out this year (Doom, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Overwatch, Monster Hunter Online, and possibly Outlast 2). I'd get Dark Souls 3 but I havent gotten further than 2 hours in DS2 and I still need a controller... =[

A bad time to choose an nvidia GPU. New 3D memory supporting Pascal architechture is coming out soon, meaning we're getting something with the price of a GTX970, but ~50-100% faster, more ram and better DX12 support, which was very lacking next to what AMD had built in their chips.
And btw, that 4gb is 3.5gb in reality - not like it's gonna make a huge difference, as 3gb is enough for 1080p gaming, if that's what you're aiming, but 4k on newest games is out of the question(I think), unless you enjoy stuttering in your games. Some games take up to 5gb on 4k, which is crazy.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 05:10 PM by Red.)
04-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(04-13-2016, 09:01 PM)Green Manalishi Wrote: I don't think that SOMA is the best way to test your new PC. Its requirements are fairly weak, I remember playing it on highest details with constant 60+ FPS framerate on my old PC (Radeon HD 7800 and i3 I believe?). You should test some stuff like Fallout 4 with mods, The Division, ARK, and maybe Witcher 3 with hairworks ON. I built a similiar PC recently although with i5-4460.

I originally tested it on SOMA because it was something I knew I could download quickly and had poor experience with before. I tested it with the Monster Hunter Online Benchmark yesterday (runs on Cryengine 3) and at max settings it had an average of 88fps. It has a ranking mode too that sets AA to max and resolution to 1280x720 and competes with other users' recorded stats. Mine apparently beat out 96% of the users who ran that rank test. I can't wait to try more things Big Grin

(04-14-2016, 04:57 PM)Red Wrote: A bad time to choose an nvidia GPU. New 3D memory supporting Pascal architechture is coming out soon, meaning we're getting something with the price of a GTX970, but ~50-100% faster, more ram and better DX12 support, which was very lacking next to what AMD had built in their chips.
And btw, that 4gb is 3.5gb in reality - not like it's gonna make a huge difference, as 3gb is enough for 1080p gaming, if that's what you're aiming, but 4k on newest games is out of the question(I think), unless you enjoy stuttering in your games. Some games take up to 5gb on 4k, which is crazy.

That sounds pretty gnarly. Do you have any links to this thing? I bought my GTX about 2-3 months ago, just couldn't use it until now. I also don't plan on overclocking or doing 4k gaming at any point soon. I'm pretty dang happy with my 1920x1080 locked to 60fps. I'm also not really regretful after knowing this because I mean, this thing is still quite powerful so I'm not hindered much by it. I'd still like to know what this thing is, though if you know more about it =P
04-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(04-14-2016, 07:38 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 09:01 PM)Green Manalishi Wrote: I don't think that SOMA is the best way to test your new PC. Its requirements are fairly weak, I remember playing it on highest details with constant 60+ FPS framerate on my old PC (Radeon HD 7800 and i3 I believe?). You should test some stuff like Fallout 4 with mods, The Division, ARK, and maybe Witcher 3 with hairworks ON. I built a similiar PC recently although with i5-4460.

I originally tested it on SOMA because it was something I knew I could download quickly and had poor experience with before. I tested it with the Monster Hunter Online Benchmark yesterday (runs on Cryengine 3) and at max settings it had an average of 88fps. It has a ranking mode too that sets AA to max and resolution to 1280x720 and competes with other users' recorded stats. Mine apparently beat out 96% of the users who ran that rank test. I can't wait to try more things Big Grin

(04-14-2016, 04:57 PM)Red Wrote: A bad time to choose an nvidia GPU. New 3D memory supporting Pascal architechture is coming out soon, meaning we're getting something with the price of a GTX970, but ~50-100% faster, more ram and better DX12 support, which was very lacking next to what AMD had built in their chips.

That sounds pretty gnarly. Do you have any links to this thing? I bought my GTX about 2-3 months ago, just couldn't use it until now. I also don't plan on overclocking or doing 4k gaming at any point soon. I'm pretty dang happy with my 1920x1080 locked to 60fps. I'm also not really regretful after knowing this because I mean, this thing is still quite powerful so I'm not hindered much by it. I'd still like to know what this thing is, though if you know more about it =P
I've gathered information pretty much everywhere, but I hope this will cover most of it:
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-gtc-2015/
And about the GPU that'd be the same price as GTX970: that's just my speculation.
But I'd at least think they'd come up with something like it, seeing as how well GTX970 sold.
EDIT: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-9...explained/
There's something about the memory of GTX970 ^^
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 08:49 PM by Red.)
04-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Reading that first link:
Spoiler below!

[Image: UnitedImpureAlaskajingle.gif]

04-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Find