Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Random Stuff: "Damn Korea, Back At It Again With The Spambots." Edition

(07-16-2016, 03:14 PM)RedKnight Wrote: http://www.maxon.net/products/cinema-4d-...se-it.html

Well i just started. But my approach is to make a game kinda like penumbra & amnesia. I have some ideas for it. I'm going to use Unreal Engine 4. i'm gonna first learn how to model and experiment with Unreal Engine 4(Because that's more important for me), and gonna write ideas for it(and a story). Then i'm going to create the game.
What do you mean with ''Could you make a valid assets for the game just using Blender ?'' Btw.

But help is much appreciated, but i'll think about it.

It does look good. And it's 18 months free. You could try it. Maya also has free student version.

So, I would like to hear from a developer which software is preferable.
I meant, can you make optimized assets which some studio need, only using Blender?

I need to be sure I would have a usable workflow for the art and the games. I wouldn't want to loose time learning something which would be useless.
I think that today you have to be expert in one skill and area connected to that skill. I think you don't have to know everything.
For example you can't master UE4 just by yourself. I think it's better to master particular areas.
I've modeled some assests and scripted in python but I feel it's not enough.

I would use Unity because it's much easier to make some game than UE4.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2016, 05:23 PM by Radiance.)
07-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(07-16-2016, 01:08 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 05:29 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 10:20 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: Remember when we were happy? Have a gander at these cute animals while listening to this:

Last time I was happy was when I was younger, playing LittleBigPlanet 2 on my PlayStation 3 since it's release back in 2011.

Spoiler below!
I almost starting tearing up while typing that.

I remember playing LBP2 when I was younger, the greatest time of my life. I didn't know what 'Online' was so I kept on making levels because they kept on being featured 'Offline'. :')

That's why Little Big Planet 2 is my favorite game ever.

LBP2 was my favorite game I had for the PS3 as well. I put so many hours into that game playing, creating, and sharing. The community was probably the best part for me (despite the usually spam or shitty levels) as there was so much things to do and play. Some levels didn't even feel like LBP2 anymore. In story mode I went as far as Acing every level and collecting every item. It was the best feeling you could ever experience getting 100% in story mode.

Then I slowly stopped playing after moving into PC Gaming and at the time I didn't like the way AAA gaming was transitioning into a huge business model.

I was never happier again.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Are you excited for Dreams then?
07-16-2016, 07:36 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(07-16-2016, 09:02 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Martin you sexy bastard.

...Come again...
07-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Sorry for the double post but I have no where else to post this:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/penumbra-monster-upgraded
07-17-2016, 01:12 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

I mean you could always edit your earlier post, mate
07-17-2016, 01:16 AM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-16-2016, 05:23 PM)brus Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 03:14 PM)RedKnight Wrote: http://www.maxon.net/products/cinema-4d-...se-it.html

Well i just started. But my approach is to make a game kinda like penumbra & amnesia. I have some ideas for it. I'm going to use Unreal Engine 4. i'm gonna first learn how to model and experiment with Unreal Engine 4(Because that's more important for me), and gonna write ideas for it(and a story). Then i'm going to create the game.
What do you mean with ''Could you make a valid assets for the game just using Blender ?'' Btw.

But help is much appreciated, but i'll think about it.

It does look good. And it's 18 months free. You could try it. Maya also has free student version.

So, I would like to hear from a developer which software is preferable.
I meant, can you make optimized assets which some studio need, only using Blender?

I need to be sure I would have a usable workflow for the art and the games. I wouldn't want to loose time learning something which would be useless.
I think that today you have to be expert in one skill and area connected to that skill. I think you don't have to know everything.
For example you can't master UE4 just by yourself. I think it's better to master particular areas.
I've modeled some assests and scripted in python but I feel it's not enough.

I would use Unity because it's much easier to make some game than UE4.

Do you have skype? Then we can talk.

I prefer blender, since you use blender. And i'll stick with UE4 because Unity 5 costs money and i don't know if the free verson has enough things to work on a game.

And i do not know how to make optimized assets, and i did start with blender before but quit right after, but i have still a bit of knowledge how some things work.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2016, 04:17 PM by RedKnight.)
07-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(07-16-2016, 09:02 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Martin you sexy bastard.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐██████████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄████████████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████

hello michael

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
07-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

(07-17-2016, 09:29 AM)RedKnight Wrote: Do you have skype? Then we can talk.

I prefer blender, since you use blender. And i'll stick with UE4 because Unity 5 costs money and i don't know if the free verson has enough things to work on a game.

And i do not know how to make optimized assets, and i did start with blender before but quit right after, but i have still a bit of knowledge how some things work.

I don't have skype. I believe Unity free version is enough to make a full game.

Retopology is probably the hardest work in Blender.
07-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-17-2016, 05:02 PM)brus Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 09:29 AM)RedKnight Wrote: Do you have skype? Then we can talk.

I don't have skype. I believe Unity free version is enough to make a full game.

Retopology is probably the hardest work in Blender.

I'll try out unity 5 then.

Well, i don't have any software for sculpting.

But anyway: Are spambots literally trying to help us get ripped?

07-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Find