Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration Files Help Windows 8 hps file problem[SOLVED]
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
Windows 8 hps file problem[SOLVED]

Hey guys I just built my new gaming pc and I'm on it right now but now everything is new, so I had to get amnesia again and everything! cause now I have windows 8 not windows 7 anymore. Now I am having this problem. I am still making my cs but when I click on the hps file it says "how do you want to open this file? find an app to open it!" and there is not text document or any hps in the apps tore, so how am I going to edit the hps files? will they still work with notepad?

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 11:25 AM by Radical Batz.)
04-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Windows 8 hps file problem

I'd recommend just downloading Geany or notepad++ ^^. These are pretty useful to edit that kind of files.

04-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Windows 8 hps file problem

Just remember though, that a .hps file is just a collection of text, so any text editor will work greatly, however some are more built for coding purposes, which as daortir pointed out, Notepad++ or Geany would be good here.

When wondering which application to open with, once Notepad++ or Geany is installed, open with that by double clicking the .hps, browse for your Text Editor and then tick the box that says something along the lines of "Always open with this application" Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Find