Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help A working map crashes the editor !
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
A working map crashes the editor !

Hi guys ^^. Coming here asking for help once more, I have a pretty big issue u_u.

I have made a map that works perfectly in game but for some off reason it won't open anymore in the levelEditor. The map doesn't contain any MFP assets, it does contain custom assets that are shown in game.

I'm very confused to be honest, I was trying out Custom items when I noticed the bug, so it might have been about me messing with the assets.

If anyone knows what could be wrong I'd love to receive some advice.
If I have to give some sort of log file just tell me what to do and I'll give it to you ^^.

04-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: A working map crashes the editor !

What was the error that made the map not openable in the Level Editor?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-09-2014, 03:07 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Level Editor has stopped working... Nothing else.

The .map file is intact I guess since it works in game. For some reason there must be an issue between the editor and the .map file. I really never had this issue before, I'm sooo confused...

I am feeling really stupid right now, I can play the map but not edit it :B.
Edit : I did try to reinstall the editor without any improved result. I think there is something in the .map file that crashes the editor, but when it comes to know what it is...

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 03:15 AM by daortir.)
04-09-2014, 03:14 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

There's a LevelEditor.log file in Documents/HPL2/ which may be able to help Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-09-2014, 04:21 AM
Find
daortir Offline

I managed to save my static objects and entities by simply copying the content of those parts of the .map file to another map file ( 5 thousands lines of code to transfer lololol), but anytime I transfer the planes the level won't open anymore.

Some of the planes use custom textures.

Could it be because a texture doesn't have a power of 2 size u_u ? That's the only error/warning I found in the editor log ^^'.

Thanks for the help so far anyway ^^

04-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Any texture you use MUST have a power of 2. That's the rule. Every texture has to be a power of 2.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
04-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Okay ^^. I'll change it.

It's still extremely weird because the editor could load the texture like 10 times, it's still working in game too ^^'. I have no clue why it suddenly decided it couldn't load it anymore.

Anyway i'm gonna change the texture as soon as I feel ready to work on this map again, I'll try to keep you guys updated as soon as I get some results ^^ ! Thankserino for the help so far : >.

04-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Could you attach your log file? Perhaps it mentioned something you missed. Otherwise, yeah use pow2 textures. They work without, but not always the way you want (shifting, glitching etc). Manually editing the .map file with a text editor can be risky, cause it likely references a lot of specific variables, which makes it difficult to do without corrupting the file.

04-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Find
daortir Offline

There you go ^^

Yeah I don't like messing with those text files (pretty sure I fucked up the compounds by doing this) but it was a way to get my statics + entities back x). I still have a backup save of the full map file, for when I find a better solution : >.

Attached Files
.log   LevelEditor.log (Size: 6.18 KB / Downloads: 72)

04-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Error:
WARNING: Texture 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/custom_stories/Test/textures/woodwall/WoodPlanksDirty0100_2_S.jpg' does not have a pow2 size!

It seems like that your WoodPlanksDirty texture doesn't have a pow2 size. And apparently you use JPG.
*facepalm*

"Veni, vidi, vici."
04-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Find