Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I noticed a new heavy bug.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago I noticed a new heavy bug.

I noticed a new heavy bug in Amnesia, that could let you miss some parts of the story.

When you pick up a note you will hear Daniel's voice reading it. But when you are faster and click to the next page before Daniel finished it automatically, you will get to the next page (if any). But the problem is that some parts of the text are "skipped".

Because when you read the note again by opening the journal, you will see the true full text.

Example:

You picked up the following note...
[Image: gcr7g3h4.jpg]

And then go to the next page before Daniel finished reading, you will see this...
[Image: eubyog5l.jpg]

And now let's do the same by reading recent text via journal...
[Image: ovsynxec.jpg]

[Image: 37ogyfvj.jpg]

As you can see the red marked text won't be shown normally. This is extremely annoying, because you will miss a lot of story content. Nobody knows that the game is skipping some text files!

Is this already known? I hope Frictional Games will fix this in next upcoming update!

edit #1:
I played with the 131111 test patch. I will check now whether the original 1.2 version have the problem too.

edit #2:
OK, I checked it and the original 1.2 version works fine. So that's a bug of Patrick's test patch. This was only one new issue in this patch and I hope there are not even more, because they will use this for the final update.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 07:55 PM by Googolplex.)
04-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I noticed a new heavy bug.

Thanks for the report, looking into it. It should be fixed in the final patch. Smile
04-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Find