Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Abandoned Town (Community Project)
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Any Interest in Many Hands Project?

Ah sweet Big Grin
04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(to clarify, you do have to specifically say you're taking the map - just to avoid having two people working on it at once)

I updated the map with another 2 rooms (they're a little incomplete at the moment, only worked for an hour and I was multitasking - de-stressing c: (and yes, they're based on a map I made previously that I want to improve on))

Seem to be getting a lot of confusion about when this project ends; to clarify, I'll post a video walk-through of the whole map when the project's over. So until you see a youtube link featuring the map, go for it (even if the project's been dead for a week or more).

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 09:47 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
04-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

I'll take this one, I have to finish my map Tongue

Where is my work? it disappeared from the map...
Emily why did you update the map when another guy was working on it?

Have you even read what I wrote?

Quote:This is the map, I haven't changed any spawn thing
my map is at Y: -50 WIP and it's half done so the one who takes the map now has to build normally as if I didn't do anything

i'm gonna complete my map at the next take Smile
https://www.mediafire.com/?9re8fermcaey7s9

I even put the link to download it why did you take a map that was a previous version? now I have to remake it another time and I've burned 1 whole day of vacation..

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 12:05 PM by Hardarm.)
04-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Website Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Noooo D: NOT YOUR MAP! YOUR MAP WAS SO GOOD.... At least, as much as I saw :o

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Solution: Export selection Hardy's map -> import into the new one where Hardy was missing?
04-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(04-17-2014, 01:09 AM)Hardy Floppy Arm Wrote: This is the map, I haven't changed any spawn thing
my map is at Y: -50 WIP and it's half done so the one who takes the map now has to build normally as if I didn't do anything

i'm gonna complete my map at the next take Smile
https://www.mediafire.com/?9re8fermcaey7s9

(04-18-2014, 12:12 PM)The Mug Wrote: Solution: Export selection Hardy's map -> import into the new one where Hardy was missing?

When Kia goes online she'll make it with the final version, can I start working on it now with the old version?

04-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

I'm working on the new version now, i've expobj'd my map and i'm keeping working

04-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Website Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Hardarm's uploaded version of the map didn't have his room in it for some reason (so I assumed he had removed it from the map before uploading and began working on it). I *think* it's fixed now - but I was talking about it at 05:24 my time in a sleep daze, so the details are fuzzy XD Sorry for the panic, Hardarm x3

04-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

May I ask a question?
I've tried to expobj my room into that map but it just appears as blank... anyone able to help? (Sorry if this is the inappropriate place to ask but I have no other choice but to ask here). Once again sorry.
04-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm... well first:
- might want to wait until Hardarm uploads his version (he has an hour left, so not too much more time)
but in the mean time to figure out the problem,
- don't group your map before exporting; sometimes that does really weird things to it (I had a problems with that earlier)
- make sure you've selected EVERYTHING before exporting... just zoom out a lot and click/drag your mouse over the whole map
- it'll be exported to the same location in the new map (you'll have the whole thing selected as soon as it's imported), so if you built your map's door at (0, 0, 0) then the door will be at (0, 0, 0) in the many hands map
- this said, don't deselect your map once you've imported it (that'll cause a whole lot of trouble trying to re-select just your stuff and not someone else's)
- turn of grid snapping (the magnet thing) to place your room

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what the problem is :s I've never had that problem of an import not showing

Also, sorry about editing the map there - wasn't sure if you had grabbed it or not ^^" figured you weren't working on it since 12 hours had passed :p

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 10:09 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
04-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Find