Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Black Plague Crash
BScott1122 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra Black Plague Crash

i just put the crystal into that wierd bottle with the claw and with the alien tryin to get in the door behind me. so i turn the valve and it sais 2 minutes till termintation. so i start running through the obstacle course of debris and when i get through it i get to a room where i hadda put the pipe in to stop the gas from flowing. going right does not get me anywhere so i go left. when i click on the door it loads for two seconds then i hear a giant rubble crash and then the game exits and sais it crashed and my drivers are updated and i have vista 64 bit and im using two way SLI with 9800gtx+ PLEASE help!Rolleyes
01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Black Plague Crash

make sure you run the 1.0.1 version of the game.

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/70/
01-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Website Find
BScott1122 Offline

Threads: 1

(01-11-2009, 07:36 PM)jens Wrote: make sure you run the 1.0.1 version of the game.

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/70/

i do not have the CD version. I got mine off of Direct 2 Drive. I swear to god its a legitimate copy. what do you suggest i do?
01-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Mail D2D and complain, its not good if they have not updated to 1.0.1 that was released soon to be a year ago.

Then the other solution would be to replay from a save before you enter level 16 the first time and make sure that while you are in that level no infected kicks in/destroys any of the doors. Which is not that hard, do not try and hide/block behind any of the doors in level 16.
01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Website Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21

hmm it crashes so its not what i was thinking...

There was a bug on that room, that i saved the game (artifact) before using the big closet/metal shelf thing to close the door and the infected got stuck and didnt come in despite the door being open.
This resulted in instant death when the emergency door opened, since the door wanst closed with the help of the closet/metal shelf thing and the screen keep going black until the "youre dead" screen appeared despite running on the obstacle curse safely.
So i closed the door with the metal shelf and it didnt crash/ or i didnt die.
01-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Find