Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashes few seconds into new game.
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Game crashes few seconds into new game.
I have a bit of an issue with Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and I can't seem to find a solution on these forums or in the Steam forums.

I can start the game just fine, but a few seconds into the main game where there appears to be an electrical device of some sort in front of me the game crashes, and it has crashed over and over at the same spot.

I've checked various graphical settings and no matter how much I lower the settings it still crashes in the same spot. I've also verified the file cache on steam and tried the "audio fixing" solution with notepad ++.

Is there something that I'm missing?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 55.74 KB / Downloads: 160)
06-08-2014, 05:00 PM
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game crashes few seconds into new game.
Cache Loading.... Not sure why its doing that ( first time or did you try several )
Also can you tell us you PC specs please.
Jens might take a look at this.
Please be patience.
06-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game crashes few seconds into new game.
I've tried several. Sometimes it crashes slightly further in that opening scene, but it always crashes in that scene.

I have a Dell Xps laptop with Windows 7.
It has an Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz
Onboard memory is 8 GBs
Finally the graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 540M.
06-08-2014, 07:01 PM
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
Might have to do with your graphics card : Nvidia GeForce GT 540M
Let's wait for some Moderators or jens to check this out.
06-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
I need a cleaner log if possible. Do a file integrity check again. Then go to Documents\Amnesia\ and delete any .cfg files you find there and in all subfolders. Run the game and load your last save game. Play until it crashes and then reattach HPL.log file.

EDIT: Did you solve the problem?
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 10:26 AM by plutomaniac.)
06-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Find
Unregistered

Okay, I did what you said. Upon start-up it went further into the cutscene with all the red bulbs lighting up in front of me this time, but instead of freezing it went to black screen while my computer was trying to figure out what to do to keep the program from crashing. Eventually I had to end that.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 52.31 KB / Downloads: 158)
06-09-2014, 04:09 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Check the graphics card troubleshooting guide and make sure your graphics card drivers from Nvidia are fully updated.

If that doesn't solve the problem, it must be some background program causing the game to crash.
06-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Find
Unregistered

I installed the newest Nvidia graphics card, and it still has problems crashing. I've checked the list of programs that could interfere with it and I don't have any of those installed and I haven't used the Steam overlay in game. The only programs that are running when I run the game are Skype, Dropbox, and Spotify.
06-09-2014, 05:14 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

It definitely seems to be computer-related. My best guess is background program/service interrupting the game. Can you try closing everything in the background including any antivirus software? It could be a program that we haven't found out it can cause issues yet.
06-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Problem with game
Hello again. I recently created a thread in regards to problems with starting a new game. I apologize for the lateness of this post, it's been a busy week.

After the last post I started task manager and stopped the processes of a variety of programs including my security software. It still freezes at the same moment.

Now is there something else I can attempt or is this a lost cause?
06-20-2014, 05:57 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.