Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Massive Lag and Crash in Requiem
Steppenwolf Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Massive Lag and Crash in Requiem

Hi there

I just bought Requiem via Gamersgate and started to play.

But I have a problem. There are massiv lags/low fps in the game. And I don't know why. Black Plaque didn't had these problems.

I read on the support pages that the game have slightly higher requirements, but that shouldn't result in such massive lags. Also the lags are still there if I lower the graphic settings.

Any suggestions?

Another Problem is, that the game crashs on exit everytime, so my settings changes aren't save normally (I do them now directly in the cfg-File). I looked in the hpl.log and see that at the "Exiting System Module" it didn't come to the "HPL Exit was successful!" ... it stops after "Sounds". So something wrong with "Input" (the next in the row)?

Any suggestions?
02-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Massive Lag and Crash in Requiem

There is a patch for Requiem that fixes some lag issues:
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/85/
However Requiem is a more demanding and might not run as smoothly as black plague.

My guess is that the crash has something to do with sound. You should not mess around with the default cfg either, cause it is good to have them in case something is messed up. Post the contents of hpl.log here and also make sure to update your sound card drivers.
02-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Find
Steppenwolf Offline

Oh, I forgot to mention hat the latest patch 1.0.1 already was installed.

To solve the lag problem I de- and reinstalled the graphic, sound and OpenAL driver. Nothing works. Also a new install of the game doesn't help.

Thats really weird. While Black Plaque runs "normal" (some small lags in the biggest areas) with highest settings, Requiem still lags while everything on the lowest (!) and a resolution of 800x600 instead of 1024x768. Ok, wiht these setiings it goes from initially unplayable to nearly playable with ugly graphics. :cry:

I know I have old hardware (Athlon XP 2600+, 2 GB Ram, Geforce 7800 GS and Sounblaster Live 1024), but that shouldn't be responsible for this differences in the performance of these two games.

But some good news, I found the reason for the crash. The game seems to have problem with Hardware Acceleration = On in the Sound Menu (strange on a Soundblaster card). When it is Off the game didn't crash on exit, but when it was turned On one time I can only fix this by deleting the settings.cfg.
02-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

The sound thing is a known bug and a problem with OpenAL / SoundCard drivers. If updating sound drivers does not work, then doing it the way you did (by turning off hardware sound) is the only way to fix it.
02-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Find
Steppenwolf Offline

Ok, I finished Requiem ... with the last level on ultra low settings and still very low fps. Sad

Really good game! I'll played it again when I have a new system.

But meanwhile you should change the minimum requierements for Requiem. They are not minmal higher then Black Plaque ... they are a lot higher. Tongue:
02-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Find