Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
sMasl33t Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Pewdiepie arguments Thread

I agreed on alot of the things that the dark side said. Personally I require much "higher quality" content to be entertained. To me that could be smth as simple as a let's play, as long as it's done well by the let's player, which in my opinion Pewdiepie doesn't. I like that the dark side mentioned "TotalBiscuit". He's a great example of what "quality content" is in my opinion. I do like several "smaller" let's players on YouTube though.

I am not calling PDP a bad guy, but I just don't enjoy his content anymore.

[Image: 76561198049001305.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 09:33 PM by sMasl33t.)
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

(09-16-2012, 09:03 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I'd also like to point out that pre to late teenage males are the LP watching demographic according to those hip YouTube statistics, I'm not just saying that condescendingly. Of course there are outliers just like any other set of data (i.e. people who are in their 20s or haven't become teenagers yet, but such numbers are significantly fewer).

Quote:"He does what the majority think is funny..."

Going out of one's way and completely changing their style (in this case artistically*) for the sake gaining more fame/popularity - in my book - is the very definition of a sellout. I loathe PDP, but I know Felix is a cool/nice guy. To me, that again supports the idea that he is intentionally acting like an idiot to gain more viewers/popularity.

Also, his fan boys are the cancer of the internet (I'd like to point out I didn't just say "fans", just in case someone tries to play semantics with me later).

*Artist doesn't literally mean someone who draws, it is one who entertains: music, comedy and visual arts are all mediums for entertainment**, which is why I'm using this term. On second thought, perhaps I am giving PDP too much credit.

**entertainment = amusement/enjoyment,
Why do you think that?
Like I said, arguments with your statements please.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 09:58 PM by Melvin.)
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

i know this is FPS,. not Horror, its just to show how i think a Review/lets play should be done.
it also seems some members here actually haven't heard of Totalbiscuit. well, heres a chance for you to see why i think he is Brilliant.

This is how you review/Lp a game for me, Serious, yet still witty, natural humour, not forced, and with a lot of knowledge.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM by the dark side.)
09-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

(09-16-2012, 09:59 PM)the dark side Wrote: i know this is FPS,. not Horror, its just to show how i think a Review/lets play should be done.
it also seems some members here actually haven't heard of Totalbiscuit. well, heres a chance for you to see why i think he is Brilliant.

*Edited the video from my reply*
Most let's plays from games I see are just a video of a match that they've played and then, they start talking about their day.

In games like Amnesia, the player immerses him/herself into the game, I find it fascinating to look at. That's why I, and many other YouTubers use the ''Facecam''.
I don't see the point of putting a facecam on litterly any game, like a FPS. Because the player's reaction isn't really that fascinating.

Also, could you be more specific on why you like ''Totalbiscuit''? You said : ''heres a chance for you to see why i think he is Brilliant. '' with a video.

Well I've seen the entire video and I still don't know why YOU think he is brilliant. Do you get what I'm try to say?

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 10:07 PM by Melvin.)
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Insanity. Static.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 12:24 PM by Juby.)
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-16-2012, 10:06 PM)Juby Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 08:12 PM)SmokeMelvin Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 08:08 PM)Juby Wrote: My opinion on PewDiePie...

Tobuscus ftw!
Read the comment rules or whatever before you post please.
Thanks.
I'm not allowed to say that I like someone else better than PDP?
I like my mom more than PDP. . .
*Bashed with hate to the point of mental and physical collapse*
09-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

@Smokemelvin.
I like Totalbiscuit's Style of reviewing as it is very high Quality, its also indipendant, it is clearly HIS view on the game, not the view hes been told to have by a major publisher (cough IGN reviews, cough).

He is Witty, but its natural, not forced.
He's not afraid to say when something is bad, but he suggests what could be done instead to improve it instead of just slamming the game for a mistake!,
He is not afraid, as you saw, to show himself getting it wrong, hes not beyond leaving Bloopers in the video, yet he clearly also knows how to play, hes not running into walls every 3 seconds like some lets play videos.
He knows what he is on about, he dissects the game scientifically. he isnt as Biased as some reviewers. and he really does state, often, exactly what is wrong with games, gaming, and many gamers, today, and why we are likely to have another games crash unless things change. He Clearly knows what he is on about, what makes a good game, and what makes a bad one.

the fact he has a similar taste in games to me helps a little as well..
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 10:25 PM by the dark side.)
09-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 10:19 PM)the dark side Wrote: I like his Style.
He is Witty, but its natural, not forced, hes not afraid to say when something is bad, but he suggests what could be done instead to improve it, he is not afraid, as you saw, to show himself getting it wrong, hes not beyond leaving Bloopers in the video, yet he clearly also knows how to play, hes not running into walls every 3 seconds like some lets play videos. he knows what he is on about, he dissects the game scientifically. he isnt as Biased as some reviewers. and he really does state, often, exactly what is wrong with games, gaming, and many gamers, today, and why we are likely to have another games crash unless things change. He Clearly knows what he is on about, what makes a good game, and what makes a bad one.
the fact he has a similar taste in games to me doesnt help either...
You said basically everything wrong about Pewdiepie, so I'm going to assume you may mean someone else? (Total Biscuit?)
09-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Yes, i was talking about totalbiscuit. sorry, i should have made that clearer. My mistake... (weres the embarrassed smiley when you need it...) ill go edit the post!
09-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

I'd also like to mention that I believe PDP is self employed. His job IS to make videos. I think this comment can stand against the "All he cares about is views" argument.
09-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Find