Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Pewdiepie arguments Thread

(09-16-2012, 10:29 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: I'd also like to mention that I believe PDP is self employed. His job IS to make videos. I think this comment can stand against the "All he cares about is views" argument.
Exactly. Can we really blame him for being a sellout when that is what puts bread on the table?

Sure, we may not find him entertaining as a result, but if he is making a living doing what he wants, then he has obtained success.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Find
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4

I'm old and I don't even get why people even watch Let's Play videos beyond their use as walkthroughs. The only ones I have ever watched was to get through a couple hard parts of Dark Souls, and maybe a couple to get a quick idea of what a game looks like.

(yes, I play console and PC games..and have been a fan of both since owning a Commodore 64 and Atari 2600Wink).

Seriously, if I come across let's play videos with someone annoying I just find someone else, don't get the attraction of them as some kind of social thing, or of people who babble while doing them.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 10:58 PM by bloogleford.)
09-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

(09-16-2012, 10:06 PM)Juby Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 08:12 PM)SmokeMelvin Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 08:08 PM)Juby Wrote: My opinion on PewDiePie...

Tobuscus ftw!
Read the comment rules or whatever before you post please.
Thanks.
I'm not allowed to say that I like someone else better than PDP?
Ow yes you are allowed to say that, once you have the right arguments for it.

Let me give you an example: I like to ride a bicycle because cars are bad for the environment.
What you did: I like bicycles more than cars.

You see what I did there? I argumented my statement. I want all repliers to do so. And I do my best to notify anyone who isn't doing that.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
09-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

@Bloogleford: Well, it's just fun to watch other people play video games, especially games you can relate to. You can watch their reactions, watch them screw up on simple tasks, compare their success to yours, etc.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-16-2012, 11:07 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: @Bloogleford: Well, it's just fun to watch other people play video games, especially games you can relate to. You can watch their reactions, watch them screw up on simple tasks, compare their success to yours, etc.
and in the end feel better about our tiny "self-confidence".
09-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

...Buuuuut like I said you don't need an argument to have an opinion. For example, I think fish tastes terrible. Why? Well, because I think it tastes terrible. I don't need any more reason than that. I don't find PewDiePie's videos entertaining, so therefore I don't like or watch them. That's the only "argument" you need, I don't have to have some big long list of reasons why I don't like him to not like him, I just simply don't like him. Even putting that aside, in the OP you stated that one of the main reasons a lot of people don't like him is a "bad argument" and we can't use it, so why should we bother giving anymore? Chances are you're just going to brush it off as another bad argument (even though it's NOT AN ARGUMENT) because you don't agree with it. His screaming is one of the reasons I can't stand his videos, why isn't that a valid reason to not like them? I find it rather annoying and repetitious, which I think is enough to justify not liking him for that reason.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 11:17 PM by Kman.)
09-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 11:16 PM)Kman Wrote: ...Buuuuut like I said you don't need an argument to have an opinion. For example, I think fish tastes terrible. Why? Well, because I think it tastes terrible. I don't need any more reason than that. I don't find PewDiePie's videos entertaining, so therefore I don't like or watch them. That's the only "argument" you need, I don't have to have some big long list of reasons why I don't like him to not like him, I just simply don't like him. Even putting that aside, in the OP you stated that one of the main reasons a lot of people don't like him is a "bad argument" and we can't use it, so why should we bother giving anymore? Chances are you're just going to brush it off as another bad argument (even though it's NOT AN ARGUMENT) because you don't agree with it. His screaming is one of the reasons I can't stand his videos, why isn't that a valid reason to not like them? I find it rather annoying and repetitious, which I think is enough to justify not liking him for that reason.
The last straw was that stupid, racist voice he uses in his RPG/Adventure games, ESPECIALLY IN "TO THE MOON", JUST SERIOUSLY!?
09-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Find
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4

I just watched my first Pewdiepie video. I was neither upset nor delighted, mostly bored.

I kind of expected him to be American for some reason, I guess just being loud and obnoxious, and using the word Bro made me expect a fellow countryman. He's not though, right?
09-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 11:31 PM)bloogleford Wrote: I just watched my first Pewdiepie video. I was neither upset nor delighted, mostly bored.

I kind of expected him to be American for some reason, I guess just being loud and obnoxious, and using the word Bro made me expect a fellow countryman. He's not though, right?
You got us, he's Mexican.
09-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

First of all: I don't hate Pewdie. I used to watch his videos. I really liked (and still do) his Amnesia the Dark Descent and Penumbra Overture & Black Plague playthroughs. Because at least to me those first videos of his looked more real; his jokes were more appropriate and his reactions felt more natural.

However, I lost my interest at that point where everything possible had to be turned into a joke. I don't like those characters he's making for example. They feel so forced. Amnesia is supposed to be a horror game, and I was interested seeing players' as natural as possible reactions during playing. That was the thing for me that made watching let's plays fun.

But sadly nowadays many people's attitude towards horror games seems to be turning them into jokes. And if there's absolutely nothing to make fun about, then let's take some vaginas and penises along. Last time I remember finding such jokes amusing was at the age of ten or so. My reaction to those is usually just raising an eyebrow while asking "Really..? Can't come up with anything better?"

Then there's... some of his fans who seem to think "Amnesia = PewDiePie", and assume that if you happen to like Amnesia you must also like Pewdie. Servant grunts have becomes "bros" and every possible object must have some silly name. I can no longer find any decent Amnesia fanart for example. When I try searching those I get just Pewdie, Stephano, Piggy etc.

So. *shrugs* I dunno if I'm just an old fart who's lacking a sense of humor, but anyhows, I haven't found his videos being fun or entertaining for a loong time now. If he will ever go back to the way he used to be, I'll definitely start subbing again.

~
09-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Website Find