Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

(08-25-2013, 03:35 AM)Derxor Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 03:21 AM)Paddy Wrote: From a marketing standpoint it's working; AAMFP is back on the top sellers list on Steam! That can't be a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing, but what is the economical benefit of releasing it 2.5 weeks before release instead of 1-3 days?

If I were to guess (which is all I can do, because I haven't a clue haha) I'd say that pre-orders are valuable from a business perspective. The numbers may have meaning separate from the sales themselves. I think it's also important to nail as many pre-orders and release-day-sales as possible, because that's where the buzz and hype generally peak. So, if you can get a good amount of interest in the lead up to the release date you're better off.

/armchair economics
08-25-2013, 03:47 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

This really pissed me off, I wasn't going out of my way to find spoilers - I was just looking for information on who made the portrait for Alexander in Amnesia and then I just happened to see an image on DeviantART of the monster (I didn't click a full view of the image.) It annoyed me because if I knew anything about this I wouldn't have looked at it.

So nearly 2 years of waiting to experience this encounter for myself has been somewhat ruined, I have a vague idea of what I'm up against and I really wanted to find that out for myself. Just great, cheers Pewd's! Brilliant.

[Image: Zooey-Deschanel-Sad-Agreement.gif]
08-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0
RE: AAMFP Gameplay Real or fake?

Opened it out of curiousity, saw the first 5 seconds, closed it. Hype level x100000
08-25-2013, 04:00 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

That's what annoys me. Everyone says "If you don't like him, don't watch his videos then", but it's not just his videos, he appears all over the internet, annoying me. He contributes nothing to me. I just want him go away somewhere where I won't hear about him. People like him? Cool, I don't have a problem with that, just stick to his forums and Youtube channel and stop spreading it all over the internet.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 04:15 AM by pinkribbonscars.)
08-25-2013, 04:13 AM
Find
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8

BTW, as much as I hate this idiot, let's be honest. If it wasn't him, it WOULD be someone else.

If you don't want to be spoiled of a new game, you best avoid the internet completely a few weeks prior to release.
08-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: AAMFP GAMEPLAY - Warning: PewDiePie

I watched the video, and i can't say i enjoyed it. Those who don't want to spoil scares for themselves shouldn't watch the video.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-25-2013, 04:26 AM
Website Find
OMGilinnuc Offline

In my opinion Pewds is most likely doing what Frictional Games wanted him to do. He is a Youtuber, A VERY BIG Youtuber at that. While most of you don't like him, It was a great marketing idea for him to show his 12 million fans a brief video showing a few scares. If you hate Pewds, why watch his video which is obviously titled Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Scary Moments Montage, and then say he

spoiled it
08-25-2013, 04:30 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Because he went on DeviantArt - a completely different part of the internet- and it still got spoiled for him.

Also knowing I can't visit DeviantArt anymore. Kind of sad, really.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-25-2013, 04:38 AM
Find
Magnum66 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: AAMFP GAMEPLAY - Warning: PewDiePie

(08-25-2013, 01:39 AM)droog Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 01:25 AM)Lleviathan Wrote: I wonder if we'll be seeing any early videos from people like Markiplier.

I think we will. But I will stop now watching any more spoilers. The PDP video was enough, now I will be patient. Wink

Same for me. I decided to watch the video, and I would say to people not wanting to get things spoiled, don't worry. Unless you don't want 1 or 2 scares spoiled for you, then I would say to not watch it. Otherwise it's a really cool peak at it and has me even more excited now! God it looks so fucking scary... Big Grin

Also you get a peak at some of the pig monsters, and have to say... epic. 2 more weeks to go!

Patiently awaiting Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...
08-25-2013, 04:38 AM
Find
OMGilinnuc Offline

I do wish that FG/TCR would have sent him like an early demo that didn't have a chase scene. Just like the demo for ATDD (Not counting the water monster and the small glimpse at the grunt)
08-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Find