Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Magnum66 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

I do have mixed feelings about this all. I don't think it's fair he gets to play it early, and while I kind of hate Pewdiepie, it seems in general he is a nice guy. But his fanbase can be pretty ridiculous... I went into the video expecting what the title said, and I don't feel like too much was spoiled at all really. 1-2 scares and I saw a quick glance of the monster here and there. In the end I imagine I'll feel a BIT disappointed in myself when I come to those 2 parts in the game, but other than that. Also if anything I was hoping for one more new thing on AAMFP before the game is released on September 10th and that video actually got me even more excited again. Looks SOO good. Can't wait. Smile

Long story short: Video only spoils 2 scares and a glance at one of the pig monsters, still okay video though. Barring the screaming...

Patiently awaiting Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...
08-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(08-25-2013, 04:30 AM)OMGilinnuc Wrote: In my opinion Pewds is most likely doing what Frictional Games wanted him to do. He is a Youtuber, A VERY BIG Youtuber at that. While most of you don't like him, It was a great marketing idea for him to show his 12 million fans a brief video showing a few scares. If you hate Pewds, why watch his video which is obviously titled Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Scary Moments Montage, and then say he

spoiled it

I didn't watch his video; instead, I saw screenshots by accident. Why the fuck would you even put together a 'scary montage' video before anyone else had a chance to play the game for themselves? A lot of people want to experience all the scary bits for themselves not see someone else do it, let alone see screenshots you didn't want to see. It's a good marketing idea but it ruins things for people who didn't want to see anything yet, perhaps it would have been more logical to do this on release but not two weeks before it! I didn't intentionally look up screenshots. What would be the point in staying off the internet now? I have seen what I didn't want to see and I didn't know it was there beforehand. So this PewDiePie thing has really pissed me off and a lot of other people too! All this time waiting to experience this encounter for myself and I accidently find a screenshot before I had a chance to play it, it's really disappointing.
08-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

(08-25-2013, 04:47 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: Why the fuck would you even put together a 'scary montage' video before anyone else had a chance to play the game for themselves?

View equals promotion for the game, but views also equal...

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
08-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Find
OMGilinnuc Offline

Threads: 0

(08-25-2013, 04:47 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 04:30 AM)OMGilinnuc Wrote: In my opinion Pewds is most likely doing what Frictional Games wanted him to do. He is a Youtuber, A VERY BIG Youtuber at that. While most of you don't like him, It was a great marketing idea for him to show his 12 million fans a brief video showing a few scares. If you hate Pewds, why watch his video which is obviously titled Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Scary Moments Montage, and then say he

spoiled it

I didn't watch his video; instead, I saw screenshots by accident. Why the fuck would you even put together a 'scary montage' video before anyone else had a chance to play the game for themselves? A lot of people want to experience all the scary bits for themselves not see someone else do it, let alone see screenshots you didn't want to see. It's a good marketing idea but it ruins things for people who didn't want to see anything yet, perhaps it would have been more logical to do this on release but not two weeks before it! I didn't intentionally look up screenshots. What would be the point in staying off the internet now? I have seen what I didn't want to see and I didn't know it was there beforehand. So this PewDiePie thing has really pissed me off and a lot of other people too! All this time waiting to experience this encounter for myself and I accidently find a screenshot before I had a chance to play it, it's really disappointing.

I wasn't addressing my post to you, It was for all the people who said "I couldn't help myself, i had to take a peek at the video" and then crucify PewDiePie because he showed off a few points of the game, even though it was there fault for looking at it. I get what you mean about seeing the posts on DeviantART that really sucks. I can't really blame pewdie though. If I had to blame somebody it would be FG/TCR because they sent him a preview copy for the sole reason to get publicity. Look at an earlier post of mine to see my opinion on the demo/preview copy.

(08-25-2013, 05:08 AM)LHudson Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 04:47 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: Why the fuck would you even put together a 'scary montage' video before anyone else had a chance to play the game for themselves?

View equals promotion for the game, but views also equal...

Best post ever.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 05:19 AM by OMGilinnuc.)
08-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

I am annoyed at FG too, not just PDP.

Instead of a video review of the game with his dumb shrieking commentary that will obviously spread all over the internet, why not just a written blog post? Yeah he makes money off his videos but a blog post would be a much better way to review a game and not spoil the scenes.

So that way people who don't like PDP won't have to dislike him more for his puerile attempts at being funny and spoiling experiences that people like me have waited nearly 2 years to enjoy on their own.
08-25-2013, 05:20 AM
Find
GOAT Offline

Threads: 1

The monster does not look scary it has the features of a grunt. Though
the scene of Pewdiepie getting attacked made it seem as if the monster
is short and not too tall. I'm hoping theres another monster that is
taller. The lantern flickers though when the monster was spotted so
thats another hint at the new way you encounter them.
08-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Find
OMGilinnuc Offline

(08-25-2013, 05:20 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: I am annoyed at FG too, not just PDP.

Instead of a video review of the game with his dumb shrieking commentary that will obviously spread all over the internet, why not just a written blog post? Yeah he makes money off his videos but a blog post would be a much better way to review a game and not spoil the scenes.

So that way people who don't like PDP won't have to dislike him more for his puerile attempts at being funny and spoiling experiences that people like me have waited nearly 2 years to enjoy on their own.

I completely agree with you, but you and both know that it's not pewdie's style
08-25-2013, 05:28 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Spoiler below!
(08-25-2013, 05:26 AM)GOAT Wrote: The monster does not look scary it has the features of a grunt. Though
the scene of Pewdiepie getting attacked made it seem as if the monster
is short and not too tall. I'm hoping theres another monster that is
taller. The lantern flickers though when the monster was spotted so
thats another hint at the new way you encounter them.

I didn't read anywhere past the first sentence but post your response here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22581.html

Or at least use spoiler tags.

Quote:I completely agree with you, but you and both know that it's not pewdie's style

It may not be his style but he could have at least considered all of the people who didn't want it spoiled.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 05:43 AM by Tesseract.)
08-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

(08-25-2013, 05:26 AM)GOAT Wrote: I'm hoping theres another monster that is
taller.

From the looks of this moment in the trailer, there is at least one monster whom is much taller

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
08-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Find
thegambler89 Offline

wtf they let him play it before everyone. it's unfair for other players. his video is up in youtube. IT'S UNFAIR FOR OTHER PLAYERS.
08-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Find