Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

To all of you out there who are putting out the, "Well, don't like PDP but atleast this brings FG more money and publicity..." argument, that's a load of bullshit.

Think about Call of Duty for a second. The internet (and quite a few of the people on the forum I've seen) rips that series apart for being an incredibly generic, non-changing, over-hyped, over-selling piece of garbage that shouldn't be as popular as it is. You know why Activision rehashed the same game over and over every year? Because it makes billions of dollars. It's the best selling franchise out there.

Doing shit because it makes money doesn't justify doing something in the first place at all; that's a ridiculous argument to make, and I'm frankly surprised so many people here don't have a problem with what they did with PDP. The ends don't justify the means, especially with a quality piece of work like FG's and TCR's games.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 07:47 PM by bluel0bster.)
08-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

(08-25-2013, 07:45 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: To all of you out there who are putting out the, "Well, don't like PDP but atleast this brings FG more money and publicity..." argument, that's a load of bullshit.

The point I was making about PDP and the game was from purely a marketing and budgeting standpoint. Frictional doesn't have the $2,000,000 for a very small scale advertising campaign. They don't have a marketing department, they don't have a parent company, it just about 5-10 guys (not counting contracted work like Mikko Tarmia) making a game.

If you was a marketer, and was offered a chance to have some game material on a channel that attracts millions of views per day for free, you wouldn't turn away from that, you'd jump onto that opportunity within a split second. You'd be dumb not to.

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Find
Tillion Magnet Offline

Threads: 0

(08-25-2013, 07:45 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: To all of you out there who are putting out the, "Well, don't like PDP but atleast this brings FG more money and publicity..." argument, that's a load of bullshit.

Think about Call of Duty for a second. The internet (and quite a few of the people on the forum I've seen) rips that series apart for being an incredibly generic, non-changing, over-hyped, over-selling piece of garbage that shouldn't be as popular as it is. You know why Activision rehashed the same game over and over every year? Because it makes billions of dollars. It's the best selling franchise out there.

Doing shit because it makes money doesn't justify doing something in the first place at all; that's a ridiculous argument to make, and I'm frankly surprised so many people here don't have a problem with what they did with PDP. The ends don't justify the means, especially with a quality piece of work like FG's and TCR's games.

So what exactly IS the problem with what they did? If your argument involves "Because PDP sucks" then your own argument is equally bullshit as that is a matter of opinion.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM by Tillion Magnet.)
08-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2

ITT: People raging about PewDiePie because they're jealous of his popularity.

Also ITT: Dumb ideas about putting a PDP Easter egg in AMFP.
08-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Find
blueberry Away

[Image: 2370938_4dbcaa25.jpg]

This is what Amnesia AMFP would look like if we weren't patience...

*NOM*

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

(08-25-2013, 07:58 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: So what exactly IS the problem with what they did? If your argument involves "Because PDP sucks" then your own argument is equally bullshit as that point of view is a matter of opinion.

Just for the first sentence, you deserve a cookie

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=5522&d=1337554198.jpg]

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
Find
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8

As much as I hate Pewdiedouche like the next hater, bluel0bster is just an idiot. I'm not shocked at ALL that the guy got a copy early. I'm pissed that he did a scare montage instead of just reviewing it, but whatever.

But there's a difference between letting him make a video and getting 600k+ views in a few days to promote how scary AMFP will be and making the same shitty games like the CoD series. Don't ever compare them again.
08-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

Nooooooooooooooooooooooope.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

It's bad enough that the Amnesia fanbase is irritating as all hell, thanks to him.

I have NOTHING against the man. He's annoying and that's his schtick. But dear lord having to deal with his fans is irritating. THEY are the ones that are dragging the Amnesia name through the mud and The Old Ones know what else.

All fanbases have annoying fans. It's an universal truth. But deaaar Nyarlathotep it's bad in Amnesia. This deep, interesting series having fans that are all ''LOL XD I REMEMBER THIS FROM PDP'S VIDEOS XD!''

I honestly wonder how many of them finished the game and if they know about the Penumbra series?

/rant.
08-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(08-25-2013, 07:58 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: So what exactly IS the problem with what they did? If your argument involves "Because PDP sucks" then your own argument is equally bullshit as that is a matter of opinion.

I've explained it in a myriad of comments and I'm tired of repeating myself, if you had been following any of these threads you'd know what my argument is.
08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2

ITT: Complaining
ITT: Grown men acting like Children.
ITT: People who need to grow up and realize that just because you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone has to hate it as well.
ITT: Many PDP haters.
ITT: (just don't read this thread)
08-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Find