Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

Be a jerk and sell it as a "Collector's Edition".

[Image: Trollface_emoticon.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 01:15 PM by Yuhaney.)
08-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Website Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(08-30-2013, 01:11 PM)TuBBe Wrote: Im not really fan of any of those videos, where people just film themselves playing, and then laugh like retards and cuss some random swearwords every now and then. Then again, i dont have to watch them and publicity is always publicity, which equals bigger community and more communitymade stuff.

Did someone actually lose something in this scenario? I didint.

Not all LP'ers cuss all the time and laugh like retards. There are some genuine let's players out there who respect the games they play and don't try to make themselves the focus of attention.

(08-30-2013, 01:14 PM)Scraper Wrote: Be a jerk and sell it.

[Image: Trollface_emoticon.png]

Now there's an idea .......... Wink

But ... nahhhh, it's not my style. Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 01:15 PM by Ossie.)
08-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Find
TuBBe Offline

Threads: 0

I actually havent bought it yet, because when the game goes live, i have to be the next 2 weeks away from my PC. I will indeed piss myself if i got the key ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

"Jens Status: Offline" Noooooooh!

(08-30-2013, 01:14 PM)Ossie Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 01:11 PM)TuBBe Wrote: Im not really fan of any of those videos, where people just film themselves playing, and then laugh like retards and cuss some random swearwords every now and then. Then again, i dont have to watch them and publicity is always publicity, which equals bigger community and more communitymade stuff.

Did someone actually lose something in this scenario? I didint.

Not all LP'ers cuss all the time and laugh like retards. There are some genuine let's players out there who respect the games they play and don't try to make themselves the focus of attention.

Yeah i love "normal" LP's. I actually had to watch Amnesia LP first before i was brave enough to play it myself. But it wasnt full of screaming, swearing, and stupid too hard pressed jokes.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 01:18 PM by TuBBe.)
08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

(08-30-2013, 12:53 PM)jens Wrote: Comeon guys Smile

We always market our games as much as we can and before the release they have been 100% spoiled. We (with assistance) have sent out the game to LOTS of places, hopefully all your favorite magazines, sites, blogs and what not will post gameplay, previews, screens, articles and eventually reviews and full playthroughs, in fact they have been a bit slow so far as they have had the opportunity to begin with it most of the week. The reason why you see Let's players posting material first is because they have been faster at producing content using the review build.

I know and understand the frustration and that you get caught in the middle when we try to make sure people know about the game and you try to avoid knowing about it. I mean only last weekend I talked to my dear old dad and without any warning he spoiled how the F1 race in SPA ended... I was about to watch it as soon as we had ended the conversation. I only anticipated the race for two weeks, so yes, can understand the frustration if you wait 1.5 years.

When you are here on the forum it feels like everyone knows about the game, but unfortunately this is not the case. You do have to do everything you can to make sure at least some people on the big and wide Internet knows about it. It is not possible to only do a game, you have to let people know about it as well. This is one of our main points when asked for advice on what is important when you try to make it as a game developer!

As a small appreciation that you will please bare with us and endure the pain until the release: The first 10 to send me a PM here on the forum gets an activation key for the final game?

I don't think generating awareness through Lets Players is the problem, it's the timing of it. I think alot of us would have prefered an official trailer like the original Amnesia had. I understand the need to market the game and Youtube seems to be a great way, especially for small developers, but couldn't you have waited until release? > .<

And I just want to apologize if it seems we're acting like spoilt brats, but Amnesia is a cult classic, and you know how crazy cults can be Tongue
08-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

You're right of course, we're a bunch of (sometimes apparently ungrateful) moaners. But I guess that's what happens when you're passionate about something and then things don't go the way that you envisaged them. Having PDP yelling over game footage nearly two weeks befoe the game's launch was too much for many of us.

But, having relented and seen the first 25 minutes of gameplay footage from anther YouTube LP'er (ie not PDP), I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with what I've seen so far and I also don't regret seeing it as the player was respectful towards the game (and didn't really spoil much at all seeing as it was only the first 25 minutes). As long as no extra footage is released before 10th September then I'll forgive you. Wink Smile
08-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

We always market our games as much as we can and before the release they have been 100% spoiled. We (with assistance) have sent out the game to LOTS of places, hopefully all your favorite magazines, sites, blogs and what not will post gameplay, previews, screens, articles and eventually reviews and full playthroughs, in fact they have been a bit slow so far as they have had the opportunity to begin with it most of the week. The reason why you see Let's players posting material first is because they have been faster at producing content using the review build.

I know and understand the frustration and that you get caught in the middle when we try to make sure people know about the game and you try to avoid knowing about it. I mean only last weekend I talked to my dear old dad and without any warning he spoiled how the F1 race in SPA ended... I was about to watch it as soon as we had ended the conversation. I only anticipated the race for two weeks, so yes, can understand the frustration if you wait 1.5 years.

When you are here on the forum it feels like everyone knows about the game, but unfortunately this is not the case. You do have to do everything you can to make sure at least some people on the big and wide Internet knows about it. It is not possible to only do a game, you have to let people know about it as well. This is one of our main points when asked for advice on what is important when you try to make it as a game developer!

As a small appreciation that you will please bare with us and endure the pain until the release: The first 10 to send me a PM here on the forum gets an activation key for the final game?
It is understandable though I would've like a NDA so the release of such videos started like 3/7 days before actual release.

It is almost as annoying as hardware companies doing soft launches and you wont have the product till 2 months after.
08-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(08-30-2013, 11:20 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 11:04 AM)AdamD Wrote: Again, I repit: I'm not exactly a PDP hater (I watched his videos some time ago), but, if you say you delivered reviews, give them to some people who actually knows how to make a review without spoiling, talking about how the game is technically, etc. With some footage, yes, but irrelevant footage.

I do agree that he may not be the best choice quality-wise for making reviews (It's not even a review), but still he has 12 million subscribers.

This is still unfair though, with respect to competition law.

Anyway, I am not going to cry any more since at last, Frictional Games gave us a sign of life here. That was all that was needed at this point. Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 03:16 PM by felixmole.)
08-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Thank you Jens for responding and understanding our frustration. If that's the way it must be then at least it's only a 90 minute review copy. If there will be spoiler stuff popping up everywhere then I guess we have to stay away from anything amnesia related if we want to really enjoy the game.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Find
djshauny1 Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah why he has a walkthrough recorded and ready to go is very unfair. Why should that idiot get even more exposure? Its because lame channels like his that us smaller youtubers are left behind.
08-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(08-30-2013, 06:25 PM)djshauny1 Wrote: Yeah why he has a walkthrough recorded and ready to go is very unfair. Why should that idiot get even more exposure? Its because lame channels like his that us smaller youtubers are left behind.

Or maybe it is you who is lame?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Find