Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Discussion about Depth and other movies
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

Sequences of images should suffice I believe. At least that's how it was in the game, will match the design idea.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

Ok. So I watched all the transmissions.

I felt fairly convinced by Golaski and Reed, but the acting from the others reminded me of the health and safety videos you watch at work. I did not believe the characters they were portraying.

I enjoyed the first five, but the final ones were a bit of a disjointed mess. I don't know if that had anything to do with last minute cutting.

From what I can tell, there is a lot of footage missing. I mean the last scene with Reed and Golaski. You're telling me they put him through all that make up, for less than 10 seconds?

I do hope it gets made in to something more substancial, as I'd like to know what was missing.

Now given I'm still to play the game, it only mildly spoiled things in places. I mean the only thing really was that I know WAU is not friendly now, which I guess you could have really known in the first place.
10-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Find
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16

(10-08-2015, 02:22 PM)MrSteve Wrote: Now given I'm still to play the game, it only mildly spoiled things in places. I mean the only thing really was that I know WAU is not friendly now, which I guess you could have really known in the first place.

The fact that the WAU is not quite friendly should really be no big surprise for anyone, now really haven't anybody mentioned that it is stated as an enemy even in the game's pre-order description, that was published long before the game and the videos even came out?!?!

It's right in the game's description that can be found here: http://www.gog.com/game/soma

Quote:About: Enter the world of SOMA and face horrors buried deep beneath the ocean waves. Delve through locked terminals and secret documents to uncover the truth behind the chaos. Seek out the last remaining inhabitants and take part in the events that will ultimately shape the fate of the station. But be careful, danger lurks in every corner: corrupted humans, twisted creatures, insane robots, and even an inscrutable omnipresent A.I.
You will need to figure out how to deal with each one of them. Just remember there’s no fighting back, either you outsmart your enemies or you get ready to run.
From the creators of the cult classic Amnesia the Dark Descent.
Spine-chilling horror that raises questions about identity, consciousness and existence itself.
Mixes stealth, exploration and puzzles into a coherent narrative experience.

"An inscrutable omnipresent A.I." listed as one of the "dangers that lurks in every corner" is pretty explicit...
10-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I did state above that it was something you could have known in the first place, and also the words 'mild' spoiler.

An inscrutable A.I could mean anything to someone who hasn't played the game. You could have more than just the WAU hanging around, for all I know.

These are just my opinions. Nothing more.
10-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
Exclamation  RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

Imagos Films Wrote:It’s coming. #projectapophis #2016

[Image: CYs3_nsWkAAhO-G.png:large]

01-17-2016, 07:08 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Don Thacker has been posting lots of new images from the production:

http://iconosquare.com/tag/projectapophis

He also posted this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/skinnytie/posts...3852956769

It's coming Cool

01-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

(01-17-2016, 07:21 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: Don Thacker has been posting lots of new images from the production:

http://iconosquare.com/tag/projectapophis

He also posted this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/skinnytie/posts...3852956769

It's coming Cool

Hahaha love this comment:

Adam Pierce Wrote:#projectapophis? That thing that the YouTube comments kept telling us didn't exist because someone on reddit got upvotes for saying it didn't? Awww yiss!

XD

01-17-2016, 07:36 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Well, at least this thing... whatever it is, still exist.

That being said, I went on imdb for the thing once called "Depth" and got little bit confused, it has 7.3 rating from 7 users and release date is 2015. Lol.

Whatever. The only thing I'm waiting for no is the inevitable DLC. "Christine" or something Tongue

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 02:22 AM by Kein.)
01-19-2016, 02:20 AM
Find
Striker Offline

Threads: 2

HAHA Christine

I think Justine was my favorite DLC in the history of EVER

Just listening to the phonograph was awesome enough by itself
01-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

(01-19-2016, 02:20 AM)Kein Wrote: Well, at least this thing... whatever it is, still exist.

That being said, I went on imdb for the thing once called "Depth" and got little bit confused, it has 7.3 rating from 7 users and release date is 2015. Lol.

Most likely a few people rated it based on the assumption that Depth was the same thing as the SOMA Transmissions, because there's no specific entry for the Transmissions on IMDb.

As for the release date, hopefully it will be updated very soon... Wink

(01-19-2016, 02:20 AM)Kein Wrote: Whatever. The only thing I'm waiting for no is the inevitable DLC. "Christine" or something Tongue

Why not Catherine? Tongue

01-21-2016, 01:12 AM
Find