Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Blender] Importing to HPL2
narutohokager Offline

Threads: 28
[Blender] Importing to HPL2

Hello everyone !

So, here what i did :
Creating character with MakeHuman > Import to Blender > Manipulate the skeleton > Export to .dae with options check like "Selection Only, include UV textures" etc... Like The Mug said with his tutorial !

BUT, when i try to see with ModelView HPL2, it just crash... "Not responding"............
What did i do wrong ?? Sad
I attempt many things like, uncheck some cases in blender export, delete all texture, delete the skeleton and it still crash !!

Any idea please ? Sad

(I'm using Blender 2.70a)

Thanks in advance !!

Sorry for my bad english
Amnesia The Revenge - Chapter 1
08-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Website Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [Blender] Importing to HPL2

i dont no wats wrong with my laptop. the first time i tried to open modelview it just crashes right away even though i didnt do anything to it and it's still doing that. i dont know if i downloaded it wrong

08-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

If your model crashes right in the ModelView, don't bother trying to get it to open in the ModelEditor. Basically the model is incompatible with Amnesia.

Although you could try re-exporting it, if that doesn't help, I cannot help you further.
08-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

Your best bet is to apply the rig and export it using the Collada plugin in Autodesk Maya if you want to use a rig and animations.
Also, make sure that you don't use the materials in Blender, but create a .mat that uses the needed textures in HPL's Material Editor.

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
08-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

Don't be discouraged - this should be totally do-able in Blender. Some things to check:
  • You need to be using the 1.3 beta version of Amnesia, i.e. the AMFP update. Otherwise rigged models exported from Blender will cause a crash.
  • Make sure that each mesh object in Blender has one (and only one) unique material applied to it. It doesn't matter what textures are contained in that material - it can just be a default material. The HPL2 material is selected based on the UV mapped texture, not the Blender material, you just have to have a material present for the export to work. Not including one material on each object will cause a crash.
  • Make sure your mesh is properly parented to your armature, then select the armature itself to export both.
  • Your Collada export settings should look like this:
    [Image: collada_export_settings_blender.jpg]

08-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Hello !

Sorry i didn't respond to any message, i was still searching to import that into HPL2 Dodgy
Like, try Maya, learn Maya a little bit, learn the exportation...

But thanks to all for answering !

MrBehemoth, i'm gonna try that, i'll give you news ! Thanks

EDIT:

OMG ! There are a upcoming update for Amnesia the dark descent ??? And me who through that Frictionnal Games already abandon this game... ! Good job !!

Was busy tonight, gonna try your method tomorrow !

Sorry for my bad english
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 12:08 AM by narutohokager.)
08-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Website Find
narutohokager Offline

Does it matter if there are many mesh ? I did a screenshot to show you :
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/546456561.jpg

If you see right, there are a skeleton for the animation, and many mesh, like the t-shirt, the hands, head, hair...
All this stuff have 1 material per mesh and 1 texture, except : The hands and The head, they dont have texture, only 1 material

For the exportation, i select all the character with selection tool B then i export them ?

"Make sure your mesh is properly parented to your armature, then select the armature itself to export both."
What do you mean by that ? That the skeleton, if we rotate it, he move the mesh too ?

Thank you in advance, sorry if i ask much, but i want to be sure that all i done are correct because i tested and it crash in ModelView

Sorry for my bad english
08-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Website Find
MrBehemoth Offline

(08-22-2014, 08:18 PM)narutohokager Wrote: Does it matter if there are many mesh ?

Join all you meshes into 1 mesh and parent that to the armature/skeleton.

(08-22-2014, 08:18 PM)narutohokager Wrote: For the exportation, i select all the character with selection tool B then i export them ?

"Make sure your mesh is properly parented to your armature, then select the armature itself to export both."
What do you mean by that ? That the skeleton, if we rotate it, he move the mesh too ?

With your single mesh parented to the armature/skeleton, just select only the armature to export everything, making sure that your export options match the pic I posted.

(08-22-2014, 08:18 PM)narutohokager Wrote: The hands and The head, they dont have texture, only 1 material

Your combined mesh should have one single material asigned to it, and one single UV texture mapped onto all its faces. The name of the UV texture (e.g. monster.png) should match the name of the HPL material (e.g. monster.mat).

(08-22-2014, 08:18 PM)narutohokager Wrote: Thank you in advance, sorry if i ask much, but i want to be sure that all i done are correct because i tested and it crash in ModelView

No probalo.

08-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Find
narutohokager Offline

Will be hard to texture everything with only 1 mesh/material O_o but okay

I tried to do the parent "Parent "Keep transform"", if i select the first "Parent", the mesh are separated from the skeleton.

"The name of the UV texture (e.g. monster.png) should match the name of the HPL material (e.g. monster.mat)."
Where are the HPL material ? It will be created when will import the model in ModelEditor or something like that ?...

So, it still crashing in ModelView... Jeezus, i'll resume what i have do :

- Selecting all mesh, joint all with CTRL + J
- Checking if i didnt miss any mesh, clean, it's OK

- Removing all material and keep only 1 material and 1 texture for the mesh (Texture name : Character.png)
- Selecting the mesh, after, the skeleton, and make parent with CTRL + P (There, there are many option, i take "Object (Keep transform)", if i take only "Object" the mesh will go away from the skeleton)

- To finish, selecting the skeleton, export and check all options like in your pic, export to collada .dae
- Import in ModelView 1.3 = CRASH
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/722995Error.jpg

Jeezus... x_x

Sorry for my bad english
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 01:22 PM by narutohokager.)
08-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Website Find
MrBehemoth Offline

(08-23-2014, 01:15 PM)narutohokager Wrote: I tried to do the parent "Parent "Keep transform"", if i select the first "Parent", the mesh are separated from the skeleton.
I don't know if you are applying your weights separately, but I always use one of the "Parent > Armature Deform" options.

(08-23-2014, 01:15 PM)narutohokager Wrote: Where are the HPL material ? It will be created when will import the model in ModelEditor or something like that ?...
The HPL material is created in MaterialEditor - it has nothing to do with Blender other than it's name should match your UV texture's name.

(08-23-2014, 01:15 PM)narutohokager Wrote: - Import in ModelView 1.3 = CRASH
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/722995Error.jpg
Check that error message. It's telling you that it can't load the material (the HPL material created in MaterialEditor, not the Blender material). You should be exporting your dae to your CS/mod folders, not to your desktop.

08-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Find