Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blender model doesn't appear
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Blender model doesn't appear

This is a very simple crash course in making the simplest possible model and getting it to appear in the ModelView with whatever texture you assigned it.

I'm going to assume you know how to...

(1) UV unwrap the model
(2) Assign a texture so you can see it in the Viewport with the Texture
(3) Triangulate the model

//***********************************
Step 1: In the picture below, your model should roughly look like this. It is UV-unwrapped and ready to go.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 6So3wGo.png]

Step 2: To make sure you have a Material assigned to your model properly for Export. Look at the the 2 Icons being pointed by the Red & Yellow arrows. They are right next to each-other.

The first one is the left one being pointed by a RED Arrow and it's called the "MATERIAL" tab. Click the Tab and make sure their is a Material Assigned.

If the Tab is blank and you see a button with "New" below, click it and leave it as is. You don't need to edit anything.

If their is already stuff in their, leave it alone and go to Step 3.

Step 3: Now click the next Tab which is being pointed by the YELLOW arrow, this one is your "TEXTURE" tab. (Refer to the first image, for all of Step 3)

Below, are a lot of options. We are only interested in three of them...

First, under the "IMAGE" tab. Their is a Folder Icon (Only the first one) to which you can browse to your texture and assign it to your Material, do that.

Second, under the "MAPPING" tab change the "COORDINATES" to "UV".

Third, we need to change the names of two areas. In the picture I posted above, look at where they say "Sphere01".

This is what determines to what HPL2 will name the ".mat" it generates.

For this example we just want it to be the same name as what your Object will show up as in the Level Editor.

I named mine "Sphere01" which is what I saved the Blend file to be. Change the name in both fields to whatever you wish.

Step 4: Going back into the Viewport with your model. Go into "OBJECT MODE" select your Sphere and click "Ctrl + A" and select "Location"... repeat this step but click "Rotation" and then "Scale".

Step 5: Making sure that your Sphere is only selected.

Go to "FILE > EXPORT > COLLADA (DEFAULT) .DAE"

Step 6: You should see this pop up.

Spoiler below!
[Image: CCnsT8Y.png]

On the left side, in the RED RECTANGLES. Make sure you have both of these options selected.

Browse to the location in the Amnesia the Dark Descent folder you want to export to, and click the "Export COLLADA" button in the top right.

Step 7: If done correctly, you should open the Model in the ModelView and see the texture you assigned to the model.
08-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Blender model doesn't appear

Thank you, it works now Smile

And works perfectly in the level editor

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 05:14 PM by RedKnight.)
08-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Find