Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture does not recognize Falcon
captainvic Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Overture does not recognize Falcon

I have purchased the Haptx version of Penumbra Overture directly from Novint.com. I've checked to make sure it's the newest patched version, 1.2. When I start the game, the Falcon never turns on. When I turn it on in options and restart the game, it is turned off again when the game restarts. I just can't get the game to use it, even though it's designed to.

I have done everything suggested on haptx.com, like make sure my drivers are up to date (they are), I've checked my connections (duh), and I've restarted my computer, checked for viruses, I EVEN cleaned out all the dust from my computer tower while I was at it.

Also, I know the Falcon works. I've been playing all sorts of other games with it. What's different with Overture?

Please, please, can someone tell me what I'm missing? I would really like to use my Falcon for this game.

-Vic
03-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overture does not recognize Falcon

I am afraid that we do not have the knowledge for this problem.

Please contact http://www.haptx.com/ to get support.
03-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Find
captainvic Offline

(03-07-2009, 03:13 AM)Thomas Wrote: I am afraid that we do not have the knowledge for this problem.

Please contact http://www.haptx.com/ to get support.

I tried that without any solutions. I was just wondering if anyone in the user base had a similar problem is all =/

I just have the problem on this game only, is why I'm posting here Sad

Also, the canned response is kind of insulting. I mentioned in my original post that I've already been to Haptix.com. =/
03-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Have you sent them a mail or anything like that? Explaining your problem? We've never heard of this problem on the forums before.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
03-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Find
captainvic Offline

(03-07-2009, 10:59 AM)nackidno Wrote: Have you sent them a mail or anything like that? Explaining your problem? We've never heard of this problem on the forums before.

Do you have a way to contact Haptx? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Their support page is about as basic as it gets. Ends with a link to a Novint FAQ.
03-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

I'm sorry Vic, I didn't look through the page completely last time, just took a quick check. But I searched around the site and found some email adresses, maybe you can try one of them?

sales@haptx.com
info@haptx.com

I would guess info@ is the one you're looking for, I'm not 100% sure though.

03-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Find
captainvic Offline

(03-07-2009, 11:33 PM)nackidno Wrote: I'm sorry Vic, I didn't look through the page completely last time, just took a quick check. But I searched around the site and found some email adresses, maybe you can try one of them?

sales@haptx.com
info@haptx.com

I would guess info@ is the one you're looking for, I'm not 100% sure though.

Yes, first time i visited I sent an email to the "info" email, but I still haven't heard back. It's not a support email so I'm not expecting to get much help from it. Last time I responded to a company's "info" email, I never got a response, not even after months and months...

I really feel like I'm getting the run around on this. I did finally get a response form Novint on the problem, and they suggested that I reinstall and see if it works before the patch 1.2, but now I'm having trouble uninstalling the software! I created a thread about that too:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/sho...p?tid=2781
03-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm.. Well, that's how far my knowledge goes, so I'm afraid I can't give you anymore useful tips. I hope someone cunning will take notice of these threads. Good luck!

03-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Find
captainvic Offline

(03-08-2009, 03:28 AM)nackidno Wrote: Hmm.. Well, that's how far my knowledge goes, so I'm afraid I can't give you anymore useful tips. I hope someone cunning will take notice of these threads. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions, but I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall trying to get this game to work properly. Looks like I might be asking for a refund in the near future. It's such a pity, I really was excited about the game.
03-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Find
captainvic Offline

New information on this issue:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/sho...1#pid22791
03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Find