Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia

(06-18-2013, 03:30 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 03:28 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 03:24 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: My first model that I whipped up for this thread.

It's a first try but at least it's something.
[Image: 33nz56v.jpg]

[EDIT = It's a bus stop by the way.]

Texture's look a bit bad, don't you think? I'm sure spending more time with the UV unwrapper will grant you better results Wink

yeah

[OFFTOPIC = It seems like I only can assign one texture to one object. Not the entire model uses different textures. I meant is that it unwraps around the texture.]

Try using the separate tool (Ctrl V<separate<selection) for the different parts of the model. Then, unwrap every model with it's texture.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
06-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

about 1 year old thing of mine, one of the first proper texturings I did.
Dunno why it took me so long to realize how much this presentation ready image fits this thread.
[Image: y5PrgSf.jpg]
06-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Wop, I learned on my own, been modding games for a long time so yeah, just practise really.

I'm currently attending Futuregames academy in stockholm to take my 3D stuff to new heights!

And yes, I do intend to do this for a living!

Oh well, let's not let the thread die! MORE STUFF FROM OUR IPAD GAME!

Still very much work in progress, alot of stuff missing.

[Image: 5um.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 08:52 PM by Traggey.)
06-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Why aren't their TNT strapped to the sheep?
06-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I like the FOR SALE sign.
06-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Thanks guys! And well, uh.. I would actually like some TNT on those sheep now that you mention it.
06-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-18-2013, 02:26 PM)The chaser Wrote: Don't let this thread die!

Here's a pic of the almost made "Hugger" model (It's a monster)

[Image: 7JMYmij.png]

I need to texture it. After that, animations...

[EDIT]

Traggey, how did you learn to make such beautiful 3D models? Seriously, how? Or, where?

Bumpity bump, please tell me what I should improve Smile
Oh, and, Traggey, that game looks really cool. It reminds me a bit of Team Fortress 2 Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2013, 01:04 PM by The chaser.)
06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

(06-19-2013, 01:03 PM)The chaser Wrote:

[EDIT]

Traggey, how did you learn to make such beautiful 3D models? Seriously, how? Or, where?

Oh, and, Traggey, that game looks really cool. It reminds me a bit of Team Fortress 2 Smile

Alrighty, well first off the proportions are way off, it doesn't look humanoid, more like some sort of strange bug mated with a dwarf.

Also the model itself doesn't contain enough shape/information, it's just a flat surface right now and that isn't very appealing, try adding more stuff liek belts, tears and an actuall face, that kind of stuff.

Could you tell us how many polygons are in the model currently? I'd also like to see a wireframe render.
06-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

There is no surface definition, it's just smoothed a lot -> which looks odd. One can recognize the "basic human shape" but it has a long way to go before being something interesting. The shapes etc. aren't worked out - I'd suggest you think more about the basic look of the monster/model. Grab a collage of concept art and start working out what you want it to look like - get some precise shapes going (eg. those things on the arms into https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image...3DYyk1J9dw). You'd want to model add more detail, lines, curves, definition etc. which can be recognized on your model.

^ Might sound harsh, but you need to work alot alot alot on improving the model.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

06-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(06-19-2013, 01:26 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 01:03 PM)The chaser Wrote:

[EDIT]

Alrighty, well first off the proportions are way off, it doesn't look humanoid, more like some sort of strange bug mated with a dwarf.

Also the model itself doesn't contain enough shape/information, it's just a flat surface right now and that isn't very appealing, try adding more stuff liek belts, tears and an actuall face, that kind of stuff.

Could you tell us how many polygons are in the model currently? I'd also like to see a wireframe render.

Actually, this is a monster which doesn't have any type of clothing, and it has 1600 faces (quite lowpoly).
I'm not used to make concept arts, but I think I will have to re-think it... so, this guy is like a child, that walks on it's four extremities (legs and arms) and, when catches you, hugs you very strong and deals damage with those spikes.

@Acies
Thanks for the advice, I will try to "humanify" it more. I expected the normal map to do the job, but it's not really bad to make a few faces more Smile
The monsters, generally, won't appear much, so I can afford a bit more of poly's without killing a computer.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
06-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Find