Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.09 Average
Penumbra: Necrologue [FULL RELEASE]
Daktoa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Penumbra: Necrologue [FULL RELEASE]

Oh dang you did it Big Grin I've been waiting for this to come out.
I'll definitely give this a go.
02-10-2015, 01:31 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(02-09-2015, 08:55 PM)Gunslingerjh Wrote: We changed all the pictures to the new design, maybe steam still has to push the update to users who already downloaded the mod with the old design?

That might be the issue! I'll keep an eye on my Library and let you know when it updates. Wink

EDIT: The default image has been updated in the Steam Client Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2015, 12:04 AM by Ashtoreth.)
02-10-2015, 04:08 AM
Find
Jack Offline

Threads: 0

I've started working on Slovak translation for this mod for personal purposes, and I was wondering if I could release it for public (we have websites where people download translations), or even adding it into the mod itself. All texts will be translated for now, I will try to translate textures and edit the menu GUI font to support our characters later.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 05:56 PM by Jack.)
02-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Website Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(02-12-2015, 05:56 PM)Jack Wrote: I've started working on Slovak translation for this mod for personal purposes, and I was wondering if I could release it for public (we have websites where people download translations), or even adding it into the mod itself. All texts will be translated for now, I will try to translate textures and edit the menu GUI font to support our characters later.

Thank you for translating! You can send me the .lang files in a PM when they're done! We'll add it in the next update!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 10:14 AM by Gunslingerjh.)
02-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Perhaps I'll try to translate the mod to Polish if I find enough time.
02-14-2015, 12:54 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(02-14-2015, 12:54 AM)Lazzer Wrote: Perhaps I'll try to translate the mod to Polish if I find enough time.

Thanks for considering!!

02-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Allright guys, already downloaded the mod and started working on the translation. Should take a month or two, lots of stuff to translate.
02-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Hey devs, can you have a look into this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346290/dis...9721378629

I can provide more information and/or save files if necessary. Smile

02-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I'm not able to play this. Sad
The game doesn't start up for me.

I don't have the Steam version, so I figured that AmnesiaTest131111.exe and its bat, would work instead.

I moved them into the Amnesia folder just like the other bat, but it turns out that AmnesiaTest131111.exe requires Simple DirectMedia Layer to be installed, in the form of a Dynamic Link Library file that's called "SDL.dll".

I tried updating Amnesia to the latest version (1.3.1) but that didn't install SDL.

SDL can be downloaded (from the developer) here:
https://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

1. Download and unpack the file.
2. Move it into the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
3. To actually install it, open up the command console (cmd.exe) and run the following command:
regsvr32 SDL.dll

You will now notice that while Windows can FIND the file, it cannot find the starting address for its DllRegisterServer.

You are also beginning to ask yourself, why other games are working just fine without this pretty essential library file to access things like DirectX.

...so you check your Amnesia folder, and find that Amnesia does have its own SDL.dll, sitting in its /redist/ folder, and discover that the reason why you can't install the library in System32, is because it's meant to be used locally by each individual game.

...so now the question goes back to "Why doesn't AmnesiaTest131111.exe find /redist/SDL.dll?".
You find that it's not a version issue, since both the old and the new SDL.dll is version 1.2.14.0. You also discover that the Amnesia version is 17 kB LARGER than the same version, so you conclude that the additional information must be the starting address mentioned above. This means that all SDL libraries have to be customized for its game, and you thank the stars that you didn't delete the old library file, or you wouldn't even be able to play Amnesia.

...so now the question becomes "Where does AmnesiaTest131111.exe search for SDL.dll?". It's clearly not searching in the /redist/ folder, so maybe that's because AmnesiaTest is expecting to itself be in another folder, and can not find the /redist/ folder relative to its own location. This means that the creator of Necrologue must have been unaware that you cannot start AmnesiaTest from the Amnesia folder.

...so, gentlemen: Have you gotten the AmnesiaTest bat to work properly yourselves?

Continued:
It turns out that if you run the bat from the /redist/ folder, it does find a couple of library files (besides SDL.dll), but it does not find the library file glew32.dll, which is clearly present in the /redist/ folder.
...so the conclusion is that AmnesiaTest131111.exe isn't even meant to executed in this folder environment. Maybe this NoSteam tool, is meant to be executed in Steam environments only.
This is when you will table flip.

I found out what was wrong: The installation instructions themselves.
Quote:3. Copy the folder Necrologue_eng to the root folder of Amnesia.
No, don't do that. Instead move that folder into the /redist/ folder, along with the Necrologue_eng.bat file, and run that.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2015, 11:39 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

(04-14-2015, 11:10 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I found out what was wrong: The installation instructions themselves.
Quote:3. Copy the folder Necrologue_eng to the root folder of Amnesia.
No, don't do that. Instead move that folder into the /redist/ folder, along with the Necrologue_eng.bat file, and run that.

The root folder is generally referring to the "redist" folder. The thing is that Steam copies do not use a redist folder at all. Therefore Steam copies should place the files in the upmost root of Amnesia. Retail copies use the redist folder as their root.

04-15-2015, 07:50 PM
Find