Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] My level crashes the game!
ethics Offline

Threads: 18
[Solved] My level crashes the game!

I've built a level with standart puzzles, custom stuff, and notes, monsters and so on...

When I did everything in this level, I want to go out and change the map via a level door. But when I access this door, every sound just stops (music, sounds of torches) and the game crashes! I can't go out of the level anymore!
Are there any known bugs or solutions?

I can post my script and the .map file if you want.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2014, 11:41 AM by ethics.)
12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: My level crashes the game!

Yes, if post your map and script here. Post your HPL.log too. It's in My Documents/Amnesia/Main/. Just copy-paste the contents into a spoiler bar.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
12-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Find
ethics Offline

Threads: 18
RE: My level crashes the game!

(12-04-2014, 12:56 PM)A toad Wrote: Yes, if post your map and script here. Post your HPL.log too. It's in My Documents/Amnesia/Main/. Just copy-paste the contents into a spoiler bar.

I am officially stupid. I looked into the hpl.log and found out that I hadn't put a PlayerStart area in the level the door in the crashing level lead to.
I'll look if it is fixed after putting a playerstart.

(12-04-2014, 01:05 PM)ztp Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 12:56 PM)A toad Wrote: Yes, if post your map and script here. Post your HPL.log too. It's in My Documents/Amnesia/Main/. Just copy-paste the contents into a spoiler bar.

I am officially stupid. I looked into the hpl.log and found out that I hadn't put a PlayerStart area in the level the door in the crashing level lead to.
I'll look if it is fixed after putting a playerstart.

Yep, it worked. That comes with the experience, with a little searching you'll find the mistake yourself.
Thanks for the help though.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014, 01:22 PM by ethics.)
12-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Find