Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollow (Thread momentarily opened for updates)
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Hollow

(12-18-2014, 08:37 AM)Mudbill Wrote: If you're looking for critisism... well, here's mine ^^

Aside from that rope thing already mentioned, I don't really think there's anything wrong with the scene you got here. I'm honestly impressed every time I see this, I just never took my time to write this comment. I think this looks amazing and I will probably use it as an excellent example of the things HPL2 can achieve. This is detailing at an incredibly high level and I love it. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavours.

Well in that case thank you for taking the time to write a comment!

I'd truly appreciate you using this as an example as I have never really shown off any of my work on here before due to me wanting to practice on my own.
Thank you once again for your input it's highly appreciated, best of luck to you too!
12-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(12-18-2014, 05:50 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(12-18-2014, 02:30 AM)Streetboat Wrote: this is incredible. where were you two years ago, when people actually cared here? best design work i've ever seen.

Thank you very much!
I question myself with that exact sentiment, I was hoping showing this might spark something up here and motivate me and other members some more but everything is so slow on here now.
Two years ago I was practicing mapping with this engine and teaching myself to script and model. I've been doing the same thing since the game came out, I just never felt that what I made was worth showing, until I actually made the effort to make new content with a consistent atmosphere.

I really appreciate your comment, nice to see someone who is actually enthusiastic about what I've done rather than being told to just release the content without even considering the effort put into the actual mod, or being a self professed professional mapper who gives flimsy and lacking criticism.

pls m8, i know that shit too well. i always make sure to put a lot of time into my work, and the amount of 'why havent you released this yet' or 'can i use those models plz' has driven me to just not show images of what i do anymore

i only released 3 projects in the 3-4 years i've been editing here, lawl

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(12-18-2014, 05:39 PM)Streetboat Wrote: pls m8, i know that shit too well. i always make sure to put a lot of time into my work, and the amount of 'why havent you released this yet' or 'can i use those models plz' has driven me to just not show images of what i do anymore

i only released 3 projects in the 3-4 years i've been editing here, lawl

That's quite a good idea actually! Though, when you create something you think looks great it's hard not to just show it off.
It seems some people don't fully appreciate the time and effort it takes to create something like this - you obviously do and I appreciate that - I spent at least half a year working with this mod and its content, just to make each map as good as possible it takes me at least a month to complete one.

Wow! three projects already, do you work alone?
12-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

yep, with occasional help for things i can't do on my own (some custom models i ask for specifically, otherwise i work off what i find on the forums)

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-19-2014, 04:58 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(12-19-2014, 04:58 AM)Streetboat Wrote: yep, with occasional help for things i can't do on my own (some custom models i ask for specifically, otherwise i work off what i find on the forums)

Fair enough then, well I wish you continued success!
12-20-2014, 01:56 AM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

Threads: 14

(12-05-2014, 12:39 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: A while ago I was working on something on my own, using a lot of my own content, I mostly wanted to see how far I could go with HPL2.

Not sure yet if I plan on releasing anything, basically all it is is an underground bunker that has been kept tucked away slowly being overtaken by nature. In this experiment I wanted to play with the whole grungy overgrown look with torn floorboards and disheveled rooms.

A lot of work went into this, it consumed so much time.
These days I spend less time on it, I only add something new to it if I'm heavily inspired by something, each level is just improvised.

The story and lore of this is all made up.
The idea of this is rather simple: as someone was lost in an intense storm they found shelter in this underground bunker, the bunker has supernatural properties and is regarded as a creepy wives tale among people who are local to the presumed vicinity of this bunker. The entrance is known to change its location frequently and once you're inside it, it consumes its guest. Its size is unknown its location is unknown it's unpredictable and it can draw its guest in.

What lurks inside is unknown as anyone who has apparently been consumed by this place has not been able to come back.

Gif images of the mod:
Spoiler below!

Not far from the entrance:
[Image: uhDtdYc.gif]

A volumetric light effect I made:
[Image: SihePBd.gif]

Entering the depths of the bunker:
[Image: eTqyf8l.gif]

Screenshots of the mod:
All links due to image posting limit.

please man! please put this on moddb and please do this much more! it is really great!
08-11-2015, 01:56 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

RE: Hollow (Thread momentarily opened for updates)

(08-11-2015, 01:56 AM)GameEnthusiast Wrote: please man! please put this on moddb and please do this much more! it is really great!

Thanks for your interest and compliments! It's still being planned and made, it's being moved onto HPL3. Refer to my ModDB page to keep up-to-date with the progress.
08-31-2015, 02:33 AM
Find