Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Just a couple plot questions... [spoilers]
Renegade_ Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Just a couple plot questions... [spoilers]

(06-21-2009, 04:13 PM)Lee Wrote: For your part B:
Spoiler below!
Bony dehumanizations would not stand a chance against an M4.

I'm sure that's what the Archaic thought too...
Spoiler below!
and considering they are worlds more advanced than the military, you can guess what kind of chance they'll have. What happens when your entire army is turned into bony dehumanizaitons too? What good are your M4's then?
06-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(06-21-2009, 04:46 PM)Renegade_ Wrote:
(06-21-2009, 04:13 PM)Lee Wrote: For your part B:
Spoiler below!
Bony dehumanizations would not stand a chance against an M4.

I'm sure that's what the Archaic thought too...
Spoiler below!
and considering they are worlds more advanced than the military, you can guess what kind of chance they'll have. What happens when your entire army is turned into bony dehumanizaitons too? What good are your M4's then?
nukes
06-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Website Find
Renegade_ Offline

Threads: 2

nukes
[/quote]

Replace "M4" with "nukes", or any other human-made weapon, same deal.
06-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Find
ChaosChronicle Offline

Threads: 0

Goodness! You all seem a bit confused about certain aspects of the plot:

Spoiler below!
The guy who you lent the saw to was just barely holding off against the infection. If you noticed the 'chunk' of flesh he threw over the opening slit on the door, it was a portion of his head. He sawed off the part of his brain that held what little consciousness was staving off the tuurngait (either that or he just tried to kill himself). He had no intention of helping, just of freeing himself.

Spoiler below!
I'm not too sure about the Kennels, I was guessing they were dogs, but they could just as easily be the worms.

Spoiler below!
If you read all the notes, Philip had a rare reaction to the tuurngait. His infection did NOT take the better of him and he would never become a tuurngait. Furthermore, Clarence was the production of that reaction. He was infected, but our protagonist would never become one of the zombies. As for Red? He could have had a similar fate. There's the possibility that Red was having the same issues as the scientist in the locked room, just very slowly turning into a tuurngait. Also he might have never been infected and just been plain insane.

Now as for Swanson:
Spoiler below!
Could go both ways, Clarence makes it look like she's uninfected after the fact, or he tricks Philip into killing her. The latter has more motives: She has the potential of removing Clarence. What else would Clarence need? That's self-defense at that point. Now, as for the former? There's some motive, since Clarence is fairly diabolical, but...

As for the game mechanics not matching up with her actually being infected? They're game mechanics. If she couldn't kill you, the player would be less apt to seek out a way to defeat her, similar to the tuurngait puzzle towards the end. That's still up in the air for me, too.
11-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Resurrecting a five-month-old thread to correct people with half-correct information is not a very good idea.

The thing about Eminiss could actually be an insight into what he did, so I'll give you brownie points for that.

Spoiler below!
The creature in the kennels is Frisk, who ran things. He turned into a monster that dug holes in the walls and killed people.

Phillip was infected with a sort of orphaned Tuurngait virus, previously connected to the host. Red was part of the hive mind. He just probably never turned into a violent zombie because he was trapped and the infection powering on would have the same usefulness as it lying dormant

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM by skyking22141.)
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Website Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

About Red and Eminiss:

Spoiler below!
I always assumed that Red had suffered the same fate as Philip did later. He had been infected, but just like Philip later, he overcome the nightmare without being consumed and thus was never connected to the hive mind. I guess maybe he had his own version of Clarence?

I guess Dr Eminiss was also like this. Only much later after being infected for quite awhile, he succumbed to his version of Clarence?

Just some speculation!
11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Spoiler below!
I'm certain that Clarence is a sort of deformed child of the Tuurngait. All the other infected duded are connected to he hive mind. Before Clarence was cast into Phillip's body, he was part of the Tuurngait mind. He recalls Red calling "us" a disease. If Red was left with an alone twin of Clarence, the hive mind would not recall that.

The hive mind believes that the needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few or the one. They most likely left him to die in there because one extra infected wouldn't prove much use in the siege of the mines and the Shelter.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Website Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Well,

Spoiler below!
in Overture Red says that he was chased by Infected but trapped them in a rockslide. They wouldn´t chase him without good reason... of course, he could´ve been infected himself after this incident... who knows?

Clarence would of course have all the memories accumulated by the Hive Mind up until that point. I mean, Clarence wasn´t an individual untill after he was separated from the Hive Mind. I mean, he literally didn´t exist.
11-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Find