Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] - No Launcher Issue :/
LATERnotNOW Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [SOLVED] - No Launcher Issue :/

Okay so I bought Amnesia TDD from steam (along with a machine for pigs) and as far as I know there is a launcher for you to change your settings and what not. I don't have that, the game just loads up. Thing is, from the launcher you get to choose what game you want to play (Amnesia TDD which is the original game, or Amnesia Justine which is an update that was made for everyone and once was exclusive to steam) Do you have any suggestions about that? I have tried asking the people from steam apparently not a lot view the threads. The god damned launcher does not show up it just goes to the dark descent automatically. I have tried downloading the update from here then it just did not load up at all so i uninstalled it and the saves were lost (its okay since i started yesterday) I really want to play "Justine" i don't give a damn about the launcher so if there is a way to just get Justine as a custom story i am fine with that, if not I need to find a way to get the frigging launcher. (Oh yeah, I removed the game from my PC and re-installed it after all my saves were gone, nothing happened). Any bright ideas?? Thanks in advance!! (Or do you recommend me to not waste my time and just get to custom stories?) Anything that you think can satisfy me is very much appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 07:56 PM by LATERnotNOW.)
12-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: No Launcher Issue :/

Right click Amnesia: The Dark Descent and choose the second option "Run Settings Launcher". This should force the run of the Launcher instead of the game, for whatever reason it does not.

[Image: ec211348b9.png]

A Machine For Pigs, if I recall correctly, will give you the option to load the Launcher or the game before either loads.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Find
LATERnotNOW Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: No Launcher Issue :/

(12-20-2014, 06:45 PM)Romulator Wrote: Right click Amnesia: The Dark Descent and choose the second option "Run Settings Launcher". This should force the run of the Launcher instead of the game, for whatever reason it does not.

[Image: ec211348b9.png]

A Machine For Pigs, if I recall correctly, will give you the option to load the Launcher or the game before either loads.

Woah! Thanks a lot man! Faster and better help than steam itself! I really appreciate that! Bummer that I have to open steam to open that but not a big deal haha. Thanks again!
12-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [SOLVED] - No Launcher Issue :/

You can make a desktop sortcut of Launcher.exe if you want. Steam is not required for the game or the launcher to start anymore. Once installed, you can start playing (Steam DRM was removed some time ago).
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 08:44 PM by plutomaniac.)
12-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Find