Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

FG's Weekly Chat-em Up - NEXT DATE: 2015/04/25 Saturday 4:00 PM London Time (DS)
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
FG's Weekly Chat-em Up - NEXT DATE: 2015/04/25 Saturday 4:00 PM London Time (DS)

Latest News (As of 2015/01/15):

1. Next meeting will be on 2015/1/17 Saturday 4 PM London Time. The topic for this time will be: Your Favorite Trailer? Share it and tell us why!

2. Future meetings will be set on a pre-determined fixed time for all future weeks based on a seemingly proper time based on time zones. Those who cannot make the time will unfortunately be unable to be accustomed for.

The reason I decided to take this approach is that gathering data for every single person's timetable, and then cross-referencing that with time zones is far too chaotic and has an extremely high possibility of there not being a proper time anyways once more people decide to participate.

Therefore I briefly went over the matter with everyone at the end of the last meeting, and we decided to take the more simplified approach where the meeting will simply take place on a "reasonable" time for all time zones (Meaning preferably not in the dead of night or super early morning)

3. In future meetings I will likely be bringing along some of my real life Taiwanese friends since they have recently been asking me that they wanted to practice speaking English. I also went over this with people at the end of the last meeting and I'll repeat the concerns I brought up then (Which everyone was okay with):

My friends will likely have EXTREMELY broken English and their being here means that consideration will have to be taken for them, and the call cannot flow as super fast as it usually does with full English-savvy speakers. This will require a lot of patience from our sides so I am telling you all in advance.

If anyone else feels like bringing along friends to practice English feel free to do so as well if anyone's interested!

------------------------------------------------------

Previous topics:

2015/02/22: Most Memorable Movies or Video Games from Your Childhood?
2015/02/14: Most Memorable TV Shows from Your Childhood?
2015/02/07: The Worst Movie(s) You've Ever Seen?; What is Your Ideal Imaginary World?
2015/01/31: Your Favorite Fictional Character?
2015/01/25: Your Favorite Fictional World
2015/01/17: Your Favorite Trailer
2015/01/11: Your Favorite TV Series of All Time
2015/01/03: Your Favorite Movie(s) of All Time
2014/12/29: Your Favorite Game(s) of All Time

------------------------------------------------------

Opening notes: Keep in mind that this thread is the MAIN START of the event. If you were reading the previous thread and thinking "This sounds cool, I'll passively observe how it shapes up"...DON'T DO THIS. If you have any interest in joining then please reply, and apply Smile

Howdy everyone! Since I made my previous thread on this matter I noticed that whether it be directly on the thread itself, or some other means people seem fairly interested in this idea! So here it is! The official application thread! Also made a name that wouldn't be so ridiculously long for the event.

If you missed the previous thread then here it is:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-27813.html

Again here are the basic guidelines:

Quote:1. Anyone from FG is allowed to join.
2. You are welcome to invite friends, or family if they would be/are interested in this event
3. Requirements include having a Skype account, and microphone. Quality is irrelevant as long as it isn't plain awful, and cannot be heard.
4. Chat sessions will take place each week, with a new topic each. Precise date/time of session will be decided based on most convenient time for most members possible a few days prior to actual session (Preferably a weekend)
5. Topic will be decided, and announced much earlier. I am still thinking of the exact means for this, and how to find one everyone is interested in each time.
6. Please do at least some research before the session after the topic is announced to limit dead air.
7. If you need to be absent please notify me to avoid confusion during start of session.

8. Flow of the Session:
(1)Roll Call ---> (2)Topic Reminder ---> (3) Person A's Sharing Time ---> (4) Discussion of Person A's Content ---> Repeat (3)(4) for everyone present ---> (5) Final Comments/Discussion from anyone who wishes to make one ---> (6) Ending

I am hoping to host the first instance of the event on 12/27 (SAT), or 12/28 (SUN). If that is too soon for some people then maybe we can push it back one week to 1/3 (SAT), 1/4 (SUN) depending on how much people require it.

In the below post your application as follows with the following information:

FG Username:
Skype Account:
GMT Time Zone: (Google this if you do not know what it is)
Inconvenient Times: (This is where you put sections of time during which you are not free, such as when you are sleeping. Write this in your local time. I will provide an example on how to write this below)

*For sake of organization, please BOLD the item names, and put the whole thing in a quote*

*Write your inconvenient times in your local time without worry. I'll handle the messy work of organizing together a time everyone can actually use*

As an example here is what a application would look like:

Quote:FG Username: Kreekakon
Skype Account: kreekakon@Livemail.tw
GMT Time Zone: GMT +8
Inconvenient Times:

12/27: 03:00-09:00
12/28: 03:00-11:00, 02:30-24:00
1/3: 03:00-09:00
1/4: 03:00-09:00

Once I get an application I will add you to the respective Skype group I will make for this.

If enough applications come in before 12/25 (THURS), I will figure out a time that everyone is able to use for one of the weekends.

I will announce the time in GMT+0 AKA London time so be sure to convert it into your local time when you see it so you don't get the wrong time.

There is no deadline to applying but if you don't get your application in by Thursday then you no longer get a say in the date, and time the meeting is held!

Keep an eye on this thread since it will be the central hub for anything new regarding the online meeting, and I will edit it accordingly!

Again keep in mind that this thread is the MAIN START of the event. If you were reading the previous thread and thinking "This sounds cool, I'll passively observe how it shapes up"...DON'T DO THIS. If you have any interest in joining then please reply, and apply Smile

As a final closing note, this will be the topic for the first session:

YOUR FAVORITE GAME(S) OF ALL TIME AND WHY? (2014/12/29 EDIT: Session has ended!)

The first session will mostly be an experiment so I don't expect it to last too long but for anyone who wants to join be sure to do at least a little bit of research on what you want to say Big Grin

Again if anyone else has any questions, suggestions, or anything you think I forgot to cover in this thread, feel free to leave them below! Happy chatting!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 07:29 PM by Kreekakon.)
12-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: FG's Weekly Chat-em Up - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN

Awesome. Are you gonna be the host? Big Grin
I'll see if I can participate once -or listen at least-. You're gonna record the whole thing?
12-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(12-21-2014, 03:39 PM)Daemian Wrote: Awesome. Are you gonna be the host? Big Grin
I'll see if I can participate once -or listen at least-. You're gonna record the whole thing?

Yes I will try being the host for the first time around. If I end up doing a horrible job or if someone else wishes to try then we can change some things Smile

Image by BandyGrass
12-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Alright, well this sounds like a great opportunity to actually get some interesting stuff done. I'd probably be fine with next week as the date. Of course, I can't say for sure since the holiday times can be unpredictable, but I do think I'll be good for it.

Also, where will this be available? As in uploaded?

Spoiler below!
Mudbill Wrote:FG Username: Mudbill
Skype Account: mrmudbill
GMT Time Zone: GMT +1
Inconvenient Times:

Generally 23:00-17:00

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014, 03:46 PM by Mudbill.)
12-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

I'm interested in joining, but I won't be able to be a part of the first session as I'm home for the holidays (bad connection + didn't bring mic). I'll post an application once I know when I'm heading back.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
12-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

i later changed my mind, i'm too busy with school and coding.

12-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Application
Spoiler below!

FG Username: i3670
Skype Account: jocke161
GMT Time Zone: GMT+1
Inconvenient Times:
27-28/12 - 03:00-11:00~ (sleeping)
3/1 and 4/1 (birthday)

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014, 05:34 PM by i3670.)
12-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Spoiler below!

G Username: Dogfood
Skype Account: You know
GMT Time Zone: GMT +1
Inconvenient Times:

12/27/ busy till somewhere around 22:00
12/28/ 17:00 - 18:00 busy

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
12-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

Quote:FG Username: Kurton
Skype Account: jbroderbund
GMT Time Zone: GMT-8 (Pacific)
Inconvenient Times: 0:00 - 11:00 for the next two weeks, but 0:00 - 15:00 on future meetups past that because of school

Can't wait Wink

12-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

If anyone else feels like joining do it fast! Sometime tomorrow I will compile the times of everyone who has applied and announce the date, and time of the meeting!

If you don't feel like posting in the thread you're welcome to do it through other means of contacting me! Remember! If you want, friends and family are open to applying!

Image by BandyGrass
12-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Find