Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2]
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Five Nights at Amnesia [FNAF Remake in HPL2]

(01-02-2015, 07:20 PM)NiksonX Wrote: The game is actually made out of Pre-Rendered images, and the Models are from G-Mod, the author has given the permission to download, and convert models.

I wouldn't necessarily trust Garry's Mod as being a legitimate source of assets seeing as they are practically always taken from another game. Just make sure you know what you're doing and that the "author" made the models or has permission to republish them.

01-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Find
Nikson. Offline

Threads: 22

(01-02-2015, 11:57 PM)Mudbill Wrote:
(01-02-2015, 07:20 PM)NiksonX Wrote: The game is actually made out of Pre-Rendered images, and the Models are from G-Mod, the author has given the permission to download, and convert models.

I wouldn't necessarily trust Garry's Mod as being a legitimate source of assets seeing as they are practically always taken from another game. Just make sure you know what you're doing and that the "author" made the models or has permission to republish them.

I know we're not supposed to give links to other sites and stuff, but just to clear things up here's the thread

[Image: fnaf3_by_maybeanothercat-d8flfz4.gif]
01-03-2015, 12:04 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

I hope that with the finished product you're planning on changing the sounds and things? You can always ask Scott if you can use some of the original sounds from the game, which you can find on the FNAF Wikia, or, if you don't want the hassle of having to ask permission, there are plenty of places online to find noises.

The reason I'm saying this is because that jumpscare scream noise you used for when Bonnie appeared is so overused, I don't think a 5 year old would be scared by it anymore. :'D

Also, when you see Bon-Bon (as I so affectionately call him), in that room after he's moved, he seems rather tall. His ears look like they're touching the ceiling. I think that you should make their models smaller when they're in those rooms, because while they are bigger, they aren't giants. They should be able to walk around from room to room without having an ear scrape against the ceiling.

I also think there's room for improvement when it comes to the camera angles, but in good time.

For the computer screen, you could always take the computer entity, which is kicking around here somewhere probably in the Penumbra assets, and modify the skin, so that it has the camera layout on it. That would be an improvement to the black plane with the camera layout on it, but that's a suggestion, not an order, haha.

All in all, I was waiting for someone to do something like this. I thought about it once, but I have my own problems with my own Mod, LOL. It looks great so far! Big Grin

01-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Find
Nikson. Offline

(01-03-2015, 12:18 AM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: I hope that with the finished product you're planning on changing the sounds and things? You can always ask Scott if you can use some of the original sounds from the game, which you can find on the FNAF Wikia, or, if you don't want the hassle of having to ask permission, there are plenty of places online to find noises.

The reason I'm saying this is because that jumpscare scream noise you used for when Bonnie appeared is so overused, I don't think a 5 year old would be scared by it anymore. :'D

Also, when you see Bon-Bon (as I so affectionately call him), in that room after he's moved, he seems rather tall. His ears look like they're touching the ceiling. I think that you should make their models smaller when they're in those rooms, because while they are bigger, they aren't giants. They should be able to walk around from room to room without having an ear scrape against the ceiling.

I also think there's room for improvement when it comes to the camera angles, but in good time.

For the computer screen, you could always take the computer entity, which is kicking around here somewhere probably in the Penumbra assets, and modify the skin, so that it has the camera layout on it. That would be an improvement to the black plane with the camera layout on it, but that's a suggestion, not an order, haha.

All in all, I was waiting for someone to do something like this. I thought about it once, but I have my own problems with my own Mod, LOL. It looks great so far! Big Grin

Thank you very much! I could ask Scott but I don't think he'll respond, and the iron_maiden sound was for the lolz I'd never use that ;D

Everything is going to look different when it's finished, I plan on using Penumbra assets.

01-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(01-03-2015, 12:18 AM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: I hope that with the finished product you're planning on changing the sounds and things? You can always ask Scott if you can use some of the original sounds from the game.

I think most of the sounds from FNAF and FNAF2 are royalty free, I remember with Scott that he said that he got the sounds from other websites I think.
01-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Is there nothing FNAF can't corrupt.....

01-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(01-03-2015, 12:25 AM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 12:18 AM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: I hope that with the finished product you're planning on changing the sounds and things? You can always ask Scott if you can use some of the original sounds from the game.

I think most of the sounds from FNAF and FNAF2 are royalty free, I remember with Scott that he said that he got the sounds from other websites I think.

That's probably true. I haven't really looked much into where he got his sounds so I have no idea, haha.

01-03-2015, 12:44 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

mfw I'm also making this

But seriously, you're making this way better than me. Awesome work.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-03-2015, 04:44 AM
Find
Koopa Rs07 Offline

Threads: 30

This was waiting to happen. Smile
01-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Find
Nikson. Offline

Hey Guys! Sorry for no update, I've now teamed with Newsman Waterpaper!

I've got a lot of updates!

-New Map! In a Penumbra style!
-Sounds imported from the game!
-Menu Music
-Custom Sounds

We're having problem with FBX animations! If someone could help us it'd be appreciated!

And New Screenshots!

Spoopy....
[Image: W9PBquD.jpg]

[Image: se99UIZ.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2015, 08:09 PM by Nikson..)
01-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Find