Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

problem with the infected creatures
nykysle Offline

Threads: 9
problem with the infected creatures

I am a bit curious.

One can hide from the infected creatures for a long time and they never move on. One or two stood in front of the the armoury door arguing forever. And the one that showed up with the flashlight in Overture never moved away all the time I hid behind the desk.

Is this normal, do they have to be attacked or killed?
I currently don't have any weapons in Black Plague.
08-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: problem with the infected creatures

Quote:And the one that showed up with the flashlight in Overture never moved away all the time I hid behind the desk.

You mean Black Plague? Because there are no infected in Overture. In any case, it's pretty easy to just run away from them, if they attack you from distance, they will jump towards you, you just need to run sideways away from it and it will definitely miss you.

Quote:Is this normal, do they have to be attacked or killed?
I currently don't have any weapons in Black Plague.

They cannot be killed, or at least I don't think so. The friction of your throws are not great enough to actually damage the infected. And before I forget, there are no weapons whatsoever in Black Plague.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Find
nykysle Offline

Threads: 9

(08-02-2009, 04:42 PM)nackidno Wrote: They cannot be killed, or at least I don't think so. The friction of your throws are not great enough to actually damage the infected. And before I forget, there are no weapons whatsoever in Black Plague.

I was beginning to suspect that they are not particularly effective, just basically all threat.

Thanks
08-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Find
Dogmauler Offline

Threads: 0

There is potentially one way to get an infected out of the way for quite a while, but it is VERY complicated, and can only be done on rare occasions. You have to get onto an elevated surface where they can't get you, and where there is something VERY heavy and metal beside you. Infected comes, you push it into a corner, caught between a large box and an indestructible object. Granted, it only works until the infected breaks it, but it does give you more time, which I have found can be about five or six minutes, depending how much stuff you pile. However, this should only be done if you are bleeding and can't run, because usually, it is better to know where they are. If you come back and they aren't there, then what do you do? So naturally, subtlety wins the game again, so don't get in this kind of mess. Oh, and I learned the hard way some infected (specifically a yellow one) can bite you at a range. This does a lot of damage. Stay a good distance away. If he can see you, he can bite you.

Stay alive

"Dammit, what was that!? I need to hide!" -Philip Black plague, chapter 1
09-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Find