Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Lower leveled" maps
FailedExperiment Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 9 Years ago "Lower leveled" maps

Hello.

I've been working on Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs in minecraft, and I am working on the resource pack. To get the certain textures, I've been using the HPL Level Editor on A Machine for Pigs's maps to get them. I know Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs used a heavily modified version of the HPL Engine, so it would begin with "Warning! Found some errors while loading the file. Check the log for details". So I accidentally saved the first map "Waking the Doll's House" with HPL 2.0, and whenever I do a daily speedrun on A Machine for Pigs, I notice that the map has been missing things. Edwin and Enoch don't run any more, they just slowly walk. When I walk into the grand hall, my walking speed does not change, and when the telephone rings, no voice is brought forth. Yes, I know the answer to why this is, I've been studying Amnesia's HPL Engine for a while, and the fact that an HPL 2.5 map (A Machine for Pigs) was saved in HPL 2.0 format (The Dark Descent), that certain things are missing.

My question, can I somehow get a backup copy of the first level of the Mansion? I only need level one. The next fifteen levels I've made backup copies of in other folders in case I accidentally do the same mistake. May I have a download link to the first level of A Machine for Pigs?
04-19-2015, 04:05 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 9 Years ago RE: "Lower leveled" maps

You see, if you want a backup, you should make it before you start changing important things. I don't see why anyone would open an AMFP level in HPL2 and then overwrite it instead of saving another copy. What's the benefit?

If you got the game on Steam, do a file integrity check. That should restore it.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2015, 02:13 PM by Mudbill.)
04-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Find
FailedExperiment Offline

Threads: 6

(04-19-2015, 02:12 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You see, if you want a backup, you should make it before you start changing important things. I don't see why anyone would open an AMFP level in HPL2 and then overwrite it instead of saving another copy. What's the benefit?

If you got the game on Steam, do a file integrity check. That should restore it.

I was forced to open an HPL 2.5 map with HPL 2.0 due to the fact that The Chinese Room have not released HPL 2.5, meaning that the only way to actually get these maps on the level editor is with The Dark Descent's version, or just wait for HPL 3.0, which is in five months.

I'll test it out and see what the result is. Thanks.
04-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yes, you can only open them with HPL2, but you should never edit core files without making a backup first. Remember that for next time.

04-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Find