Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2
RE: SOMA Discussion Thread

(10-03-2013, 04:03 PM)Mothhive Wrote: Don't worry guys, I can easily counter your blind confidence and optimism all day long! Big Grin

So, we're quoting blog posts are we? How about these from Dan Pinchbeck of The Chinese Room less than a year ago?

Anyway, I'm not saying it's definitely not coming to PC, because I don't know (just like you don't know that it is coming to PC), I'm just saying that it's quite possible that this could be a PS4 exclusive, or maybe just a timed PS4 exclusive.

So again, for the sake of people who don't want to be disappointed, stop insisting that this will definitely be on PC. I was burned by The Chinese Room and I wouldn't want anyone else to feel the same way.

Well, that's a completely different person / developer. While whatever you're saying could be true since there's no official info, nothing will shake my confidence in a PC version. Other than an official statement from FG, that is
10-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(10-03-2013, 04:06 PM)Googolplex Wrote: When FG now becomes to a console exclusive developer, they've stolen them from the PC gaming history.
If I'm wrong (what I hope), then I please Jens or someone else to confirm the PC version.

Why does nobody confirm it?

How about waiting for official information before making retarded accusations?
10-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(10-03-2013, 04:26 PM)Deep One Wrote: How about waiting for official information before making retarded accusations?

OK, I'm waiting...
Just wondered why an official statement takes so long. There is no sense to be secretive.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013, 04:32 PM by Googolplex.)
10-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Find
Mothhive Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah, It was a different developer/person, but it's a good example as they are another small indie team, and the have worked together.

I wasn't trying to change anyone's mind, I was just trying to stop misinformation that could lead to disappointment.

Anyway, back on topic, what if SOMA is an acronym of Sony Owns My Ass. lol
10-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Find
Sampyli Offline

(10-03-2013, 04:47 PM)Mothhive Wrote: Anyway, back on topic, what if SOMA is an acronym of Sony Owns My Ass.

LOL
10-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(10-03-2013, 04:47 PM)Mothhive Wrote: Anyway, back on topic, what if SOMA is an acronym of Sony Owns My Ass. lol

This fits somehow... very well.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013, 05:07 PM by Googolplex.)
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Find
Diango12 Offline

(10-03-2013, 04:31 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 04:26 PM)Deep One Wrote: How about waiting for official information before making retarded accusations?

OK, I'm waiting...
Just wondered why an official statement takes so long. There is no sense to be secretive.

There is actually perfect sense for it. Leave FG alone, they are deep in their google analytics account right now looking at the views, listening to the chatter, trying to gauge the hype around this reveal. That data is invaluable from a marketing perspective.

If they start releasing official statements now then people aren't going to stop. It will go from "what game is this?" to "oh cool! When is it coming out???", "when can we get trailers and screens?", "when can we get interviews and descriptions and essays and written memoirs about the development?", "will there be this and that in the game?" etc etc.
10-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(10-03-2013, 05:13 PM)Diango12 Wrote: There is actually perfect sense for it. Leave FG alone, they are deep in their google analytics account right now looking at the views, listening to the chatter, trying to gauge the hype around this reveal. That data is invaluable from a marketing perspective.

If they start releasing official statements now then people aren't going to stop. It will go from "what game is this?" to "oh cool! When is it coming out???", "when can we get trailers and screens?", "when can we get interviews and descriptions and essays and written memoirs about the development?", "will there be this and that in the game?" etc etc.

I mean a statement whether it will be for PC or not.
10-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Find
Diango12 Offline

(10-03-2013, 05:19 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 05:13 PM)Diango12 Wrote: There is actually perfect sense for it. Leave FG alone, they are deep in their google analytics account right now looking at the views, listening to the chatter, trying to gauge the hype around this reveal. That data is invaluable from a marketing perspective.

I mean a statement whether it will be for PC or not.

Its to early to tell. They can do the extra coding to port it to most systems but the real question is do they want to lock themselves into a PC release right now? Nope. They don't. Plus it wouldn't be right for them to make official statements of that caliber yet without even stating what kind of game this is going to be. Don't worry man, you'll get your news, but if AMFP taught us anything, is that pre release marketing can get you in a lot of trouble if you bumble around in it.
10-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

I think it's pretty obvious it's a PC release, just by going from the trend of releases.

FG doesn't want to alienate it's original fan base, since that's where most of their money is.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Find