Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Rytkonen Offline

Threads: 1
RE: SOMA Discussion Thread

(10-09-2013, 08:09 AM)Googolplex Wrote: Waiting for the day on which Jens (or someone else) confirm a PC version of SOMA. It's just annoying that one of the BEST developers in history are now leaving the PC market by making console games primarly now.

Has FG confirmed game is PS4 only? If not, then I think it is a bit early to spread this kind of rumors that they have left the PC market.
10-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(10-09-2013, 09:07 AM)MegaScience Wrote: So, how about that nano logo? It's been brought up before, but I gotta say - it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a blown up version being a new logo, if only for this game. Even if this is only to keep the brand on the page without being intrusive, I really like it.

I liked the version from DavidS better (the one with the head), though I think this one is also made by him. Tongue
Oh but it's still pretty fancy.
10-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

I like the nano logo as well Big Grin
10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Find
senhua1980 Offline

Threads: 0

To: Frictional Games Dev
About : (Maybe) Exclusivity Your Next Game with Sony

You are free to do whatever you want. You can port to and develop your games on whatever platform. Not my problem (since that's how the world works - it goes both ways, I can spend money whichever way I like). However, with this sudden exclusivity deal you have gone from"developer that does quirky stuff on a shoestring budget" to "developer that is paid to do quirky stuff". You did not do a spinoff or a new project, you took that one franchise you had and put it into one basket.

I will buy games and spend money sight unseen just from word of mouth from so-called Indies, within reason of course. I will accept a far lower level of polish, technical prowess and all-around quality if it comes from a bunch of dudes coding in a shoddy rented office (if that) and pouring your dreams into source code and assets. These types of games usually come with a razor sharp focus on some aspect/concept that would make the games un-marketable to the big players of the industry. You also usually demand serious sacrifices and risk-taking from all people involved... sometimes even the people playing the games.

Exclusivity deals, however, is something the big guys do. Again: You did not do a paid-for project on another platform to keep afloat or earn brownie points or whatever, you moved your only project to another platform, and that platform only. Because in exchange you got cozier working conditions, big-time support and better deals on loans. Which, again, is perfectly understandable. However, this strips you of your "baby protection". One could say you have shed your Indie skin and advanced to a tiered developer studio stage. I will not give you my kickstarter or "yank entertainment" money sight unseen after this. I just might purchase your games with my "real entertainment" money, but I will expect a considerable level of polish in return.
10-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(10-09-2013, 01:25 PM)senhua1980 Wrote: To: Frictional Games Dev

There's no evidence whatsoever that SOMA will be a PS4 exclusive. One hack games journalist speculated that it might be, apparently based on nothing - that's it.
10-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Everbody thinks this is a PS4 exclusive because of one freaking tweet from Playstation Europe?
I read about SOMA in about 20 articles from >PC<-gaming sites. What now?
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM by Draug.)
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Find
Mothhive Offline

(10-09-2013, 01:30 PM)Paddy Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 01:25 PM)senhua1980 Wrote: To: Frictional Games Dev

There's no evidence whatsoever that SOMA will be a PS4 exclusive. One hack games journalist speculated that it might be, apparently based on nothing - that's it.

Not quite nothing. So far the only link to any platform at all came from a Tweet by Playstation Europe, so a few people jumped to conclusions and assumed it was a PS4 exclusive (which is a possibility, just not confirmed).

The only people who are actually making claims based on nothing are the people who insist it is coming to PC. While I'd love to believe that, I'll wait for official confirmation first.

(10-09-2013, 01:38 PM)droog Wrote: Everbody thinks this is a PS4 exclusive because of one freaking tweet from Playstation Europe?
I read about SOMA in about 20 articles from >PC<-gaming sites. What now?

I read about Everyboy's Gone to the Rapture from about 20 PC gaming sites. Look how that turned out!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM by Mothhive.)
10-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

They rather tweeted it to show, that it will be ALSO available for the PS4.
10-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Find
Mothhive Offline

(10-09-2013, 01:55 PM)droog Wrote: They rather tweeted it to show, that it will be ALSO available for the PS4.

What other platform will it be on? Source please.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 01:59 PM by Mothhive.)
10-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Guys, since there is no official word about platforms and it's getting really tiring to read the same stuff over and over again, from now on all PS4/console related posts will be deleted.
10-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Find