Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparency??
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: Transparency??

(06-20-2015, 05:43 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Anyway..
Lasers \ guns and Amnesia ...........
Not sure how that would look like..
Still copyright...

The only purpose of the weapon was just to place it in a lab.
my custom story is going halfway about the future so yeah.
but ok i'll erase it. but about minecraft?!~mudbill, you created a minecraft block right?!
Isn't that bad then??

"Taking someone's work and modifying some aspect of it to claim it as your own is still illegal. Furthermore, in very serious cases, can and will get you involved in a lawsuit. "
Lol, I didn't say I made it. and I am not oging to. I'm of course going to credit Treyarch. Or Activision. nono Treyarch, not activision.
Btw, I'll ask Vahn For permission.
In Vahn we trust lol

Another edit: but hwy does gmod use all of these things?!?!!
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2015, 06:48 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
06-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

You can not use this model legaly in a custom story. Remove it or your mod shall not be alowed distribution here on the forums.

When downloading models from the net make sure they are not from other games and that they are 100 % created by the person who uploaded them.
06-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(06-20-2015, 08:20 PM)Traggey Wrote: You can not use this model legaly in a custom story. Remove it or your mod shall not be alowed distribution here on the forums.

When downloading models from the net make sure they are not from other games and that they are 100 % created by the person who uploaded them.

Okey, but I still ask vahn. maybe he gives me the permission.
but I still didn't use it.
I only created some new things. Still didn't apply. Even if I had to apply, it should take around 5 months. since i'm working on the Normal_amnesia side, and not the future.
But I'll respond here if I got the permission, or if not.
06-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Who is Vahn? If he is the uploader, even if he gives you permission that doesn't mean anything, if the the model is from a copyrighted game. You'd have to contact Activision and ask them to legaly use this model.

Not whoever stole the model from the game and put it on the internet.
You can't take a pirated copy of Mass Effect and put it on steam greenlight just because the people who cracked the game for you said it's okay, it doesn't work that way.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2015, 08:56 PM by Traggey.)
06-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(06-20-2015, 08:47 PM)Traggey Wrote: Who is Vahn? If he is the uploader, even if he gives you permission that doesn't mean anything, if the the model is from a copyrighted game. You'd have to contact Activision and ask them to legaly use this model.

Not whoever stole the model from the game and put it on the internet.
You can't take a pirated copy of Mass Effect and put it on steam greenlight just because the people who cracked the game for you said it's okay, it doesn't work that way.

Wait lemme explain.

1: Vahn is David Vonderhaar. The design director.
2: this is not "stolen" call of duty itself have "Custom Zombies"Similar to Custom stories.
but then it takes a lot of assets from other games. I remember 1 custom zombies with some amnesia assets. but I don't know the name.
The files are actually free to download. as long as you purchased the game.
3: I don't have to contact Activision, but Treyarch. The makers are Treyarch. the only thing 3arch does is publish etc.
4: Altho, I changed my mind. I'm going to change the ray gun mark 2 and make it a lot diffirent.
06-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

It's still not YOUR WORK! Changing it doesn't make it any different, if you make it yourself from scratch however, it's fine.

And yes, the model is stolen, in order to take model files from games you generally have to do something called ''reverse-engineering'' to get access to the files and to be able to import them into your modeling package. The action of Reverse engineering is against the EULA of pretty much every single game on the planet, meaning that this model can only be aquired through means that the company does not alow for.

Thus, you are not alowed to do this.
06-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I made a Minecraft block as an example of an entity because it was super simple. It's not that you're not allowed to use the model, you're just not allowed to republish it in your own work. If you take someone else's work and give it out as your own, you could very easily get in trouble.

06-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

If I take the Mona Lisa, and paint a mustasche on her, I can't claim that as my own work.
06-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(06-20-2015, 09:13 PM)Traggey Wrote: If I take the Mona Lisa, and paint a mustasche on her, I can't claim that as my own work.

I know but I don't claim it as my work...
I just use it, not claim it..
But lemme explain more,
There is a thing called Custom zombies.
for custom zombies, you can use some existing entities from the orginal 5-8 maps.
If you want, you can just take the files OUT of call of duty black ops and black ops 2. and Use it in custom zombies.
(custom zombies is in World at War)
So basically the models are free to use.
But i'm not sure about this, so I won't risk anything.
But I am going do a little research about this.
I'm sure you can use it in "mods"
because the only thing you can earn by "mods" are players, and you can tell them all, that the objects, is from "this" in the Credit, Altho this is not the same for game where you earn money for.
A little example, Gmod. that does have almost EVERY game characters.
Chris walker from outlast, All weapons&Wonder weapons from waw-bo1-bo2, and all other stuff.

But I have a little question, there is a really good looking custom story, still not finished, but he/she uses a lot of skyrim entities...
Is this legal then?!
I don't know anything 'bout skyrim...
06-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

But you're not alowed to use it either, I can't steal the Mona Lisa and put it out and charge money for it either, because someone else owns that, even if I tell people it's not mine.

And hey guess what, those models in Gmod and Skyrim? That's actually not legal either. So there you have it.

We have a forum rule against this stuff, if you are going to frequent the forums I would suggest you go read the site rules. Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2015, 09:56 PM by Traggey.)
06-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Find