Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparency??
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: Transparency??

(06-21-2015, 07:20 PM)Traggey Wrote: Frictional gave us that permission, because we're using the assets in their products, if you use them elsewhere, that's not permitted.

And yes, do you have any idea what a publisher is? THE PUBLISHER OWNS THE GAME.

The developer simply makes the game for the publisher, that's the entire point of having a publisher.

The publisher pays for the game to be made, devs make game, publisher sells game.

Yeah sorry, m bit crazy Tongue
but that's the same about custom zombies. they gave the permission to use it..
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 09:44 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
06-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

If Activision gave permission to use assets for "custom zombie maps" then that applies only to those custom maps, not outside the game.

06-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(06-21-2015, 09:32 PM)Mudbill Wrote: If Activision gave permission to use assets for "custom zombie maps" then that applies only to those custom maps, not outside the game.

Yeah I know, but I just tried to tell them that there was a custom zobmies, so that the model isn't "STOLEN" since it's just an asset. but it is "stolen"if you indeed use it without permission, like if I would do know., I have it, but don't use it.
06-21-2015, 09:44 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Quote:isn't "STOLEN" since it's just an asset.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Assets can be stolen. If you found a .dae file download, it's most likely ripped from the game, because I would bet the original game does not use those formats.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 11:11 PM by Mudbill.)
06-21-2015, 11:10 PM
Find
NotASkrub Offline

Threads: 2

Dear @Amnesiaplayer, let @NotASkrub explain you this:
You have the creator (dev team), they made the game, objects, models, script, absolutely everything..
Then the creators sell those things (e.g. the game) to the publishers which also get the rights to those scripts, models, objects etc..
And as far as I know, the law for authors rights protects the product, not the idea..
So if you make the same thing using their idea, but different.. lets say textures, you have the rights for your work, and (excuse me for my language) they can't do shit agains you..
but if you take their original work and do a bit edit on it that is agains the law for authors rights, unless you do a disclaimer that gives information for the author of the certain file/thing you used...
Like you know CoD games are paid one right? So if you (at the end credits screen) add a message (e.g. the disclaimer) saying that you do not own the certain file/thing that you used and give addition message that they should buy the CoD game from which you took the file/thing then you should be good..

Good thing is, that I live in Bulgaria, and most of the time, if problem with authors rights is not related to my country, they dont give a F"bomb" Big Grin we're free to do what ever we want Big Grin
*Note: by "related" I mean music, film, car etc. produced and created in bulgaria.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2015, 11:20 AM by NotASkrub.)
06-22-2015, 12:11 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

they can do shit agains you..
Shouldn't that be can'T??
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2015, 11:00 AM by DnALANGE.)
06-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Find
NotASkrub Offline

Threads: 2

(06-22-2015, 10:59 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: they can do shit agains you..
Shouldn't that be can'T??

Oopsie, my mistake, it was around 04:00 am Big Grin so yeah xD
Anyway, thank you! its fixed now ;d
06-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

''isn't "STOLEN" since it's just an asset.''

Yes, yes it is.

if I rob a bank, but I only take one dollar bill out of a stack of them, it's still stealing. The quantity of what you're stealing does affect what you're doing.
06-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(06-21-2015, 11:10 PM)Mudbill Wrote:
Quote:isn't "STOLEN" since it's just an asset.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Assets can be stolen. If you found a .dae file download, it's most likely ripped from the game, because I would bet the original game does not use those formats.

I got it as obj File I think.
and you can download those files easily in the forum, and modify it.
so it is still not stolen or ripped.
Because most of them were modified. this one is modified to. and I modified it a lot more either.

It's like, I go in entity folder, and pick up a... chair, and then add some things, and simply, make it downloadable.
it's just like that.

But as I said, It is Stolen if I use it right now, IN amnesia, without permisison.

(06-22-2015, 12:11 AM)NotASkrub Wrote: Dear @Amnesiaplayer, let @NotASkrub explain you this:
You have the creator (dev team), they made the game, objects, models, script, absolutely everything..
Then the creators sell those things (e.g. the game) to the publishers which also get the rights to those scripts, models, objects etc..
And as far as I know, the law for authors rights protects the product, not the idea..
So if you make the same thing using their idea, but different.. lets say textures, you have the rights for your work, and (excuse me for my language) they can't do shit agains you..
but if you take their original work and do a bit edit on it that is agains the law for authors rights, unless you do a disclaimer that gives information for the author of the certain file/thing you used...
Like you know CoD games are paid one right? So if you (at the end credits screen) add a message (e.g. the disclaimer) saying that you do not own the certain file/thing that you used and give addition message that they should buy the CoD game from which you took the file/thing then you should be good..

Good thing is, that I live in Bulgaria, and most of the time, if problem with authors rights is not related to my country, they dont give a F"bomb" Big Grin we're free to do what ever we want Big Grin
*Note: by "related" I mean music, film, car etc. produced and created in bulgaria.

So if I put that in my credit, I can use it ?! Because that was the thing I wanted to do...
And btw, I added some Textures, what if I add some more pipes to it, and alot of new textures...
Btw, if that was the "big deal" I really don't understand anythin, because Of course I would want to say : The futuristic weapon you saw, is called the ray gun mark 2. Buy call of duty black ops 2, and the mappack Vengeance to unlock this Zombie piercing gun.
I would put that in the description, is that fixed then ? lol
I'm probably mis understanding this xD

(06-22-2015, 12:30 PM)Traggey Wrote: ''isn't "STOLEN" since it's just an asset.''

Yes, yes it is.

if I rob a bank, but I only take one dollar bill out of a stack of them, it's still stealing. The quantity of what you're stealing does affect what you're doing.

What I meant was, the asset is just downloadable in the Zombies forum.
So it is actually not "stolen" but it is stolen if I put it in AMNESIA instead of custom zombies.

Btw guys, I want to make sure that I don't only work for a new amnesia game lol
I am working a bit for custom zombies to.
So it's not that I "Stole It" but I got this ray gun mark 2 from somewhere else so Idk.
I am going to ask activision if I can use it, but I don'think they will answer because there are probably some F*boys spamming their mail.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2015, 01:19 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
06-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

[Image: 24013993.jpg]

Stop justifying it, IT'S STEALING! SO STOP AND LET THIS SLIDE! YOU ARE NOT GETTING JACK FROM ANOTHER GAME BESIDES AMNESIA IN A CUSTOM STORY!
06-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Find