Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparency??
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: Transparency??

(06-20-2015, 09:55 PM)Traggey Wrote: But you're not alowed to use it either, I can't steal the Mona Lisa and put it out and charge money for it either, because someone else owns that, even if I tell people it's not mine.

And hey guess what, those models in Gmod and Skyrim? That's actually not legal either. So there you have it.

We have a forum rule against this stuff, if you are going to frequent the forums I would suggest you go read the site rules. Thanks.

I know, it is against...
I won't use it, until Vahn gives me the permission.
Thanks for saying.
I'm really sorry for this discussion.
I thought it was possible because almost every game use other games assets Smile
Thanks for still explaining etc Big Grin
sorry for taking your time.
06-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Listen closely.
  • Vahn's permission will not make the model any more "safe for you to use".
  • Call of Duty: Zombies is not a mod. It is part of the core game.
  • You cannot claim it as yours, since we know it is ripped from the game.
  • Ripping from a game is stealing.
  • Stealing is against the law.

DO NOT use that model in anything you distribute.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
06-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(06-20-2015, 10:42 PM)(拉赫兰) Romulator Wrote: Listen closely.
  • Vahn's permission will not make the model any more "safe for you to use".
  • Call of Duty: Zombies is not a mod. It is part of the core game.
  • You cannot claim it as yours, since we know it is ripped from the game.
  • Ripping from a game is stealing.
  • Stealing is against the law.

DO NOT use that model in anything you distribute.

Okey, but let me tell you something else. and ask to.

Vahn's permission will not make the model any more "safe for you to use".
why not?

Call of Duty: Zombies is not a mod. It is part of the core game.
I didn't mean call of duty zombies -__- I mean CUSTOM zombies. You have that in World at war as I said before. there you can create your OWN Zombie maps JUST like amnesia.
It's just like how amnesia is, but there is not million s of mods in zombies with the same textures (amnesia does).
btw, you can only play custom zombies on world at war on pc.
Edit: as I said, There is a custom zombies map with some amnesia assets.

You cannot claim it as yours, since we know it is ripped from the game.
I didn't want to claim as mine?! as I said before, again...

Ripping from a game is stealing.
I know. But if they give you the permission it's not...

Stealing is against the law.
I know.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2015, 11:05 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
06-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Vahn did not make the model. Because he did not make it, the first assumption is that the model is ripped from a game. Since we know the source of the model is from Call Of Duty, then we know that it is either ripped or based very very specifically off that asset. Therefore, Vahn does not own the model, and cannot speak on behalf of Activision.

I have never seen an official tool for the creation of zombie maps. Furthermore, I have never heard of Activision allowing modding of a game. I know there are unofficial means of applying modifications to Call Of Duty, but, no, that doesn't mean transferring a mod from one to another is any better.

It's fine that you don't want to claim it as your own. That's okay. But you have to credit the original makers of the work. The original creators are Activision, and their assets are copyright protected. You need permission from them to use their models, no matter where you got the Ray Gun model from.

Vahn's permission =/= Activision's opinion unless proven otherwise.

06-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

@AmnesiaPlayer: there is only one thing you need to concern yourself with here:

Unless Activision themselves, as a company, writes a letter to you stating that they relinquish the rights to their assets (Allowing you to use them), you are not allowed to.

Even if Vahn, who is a very big dev in the studio of people who made the game comes out to say that you have permission to use it, you are still not allowed to UNLESS Activision tells you so.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 09:34 AM by Kreekakon.)
06-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

IS it possiblt to make a printscreen and use billboards of that screen or decals \ planes?

Then it is not the model itself Wink

This is a serious question though.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 10:46 AM by DnALANGE.)
06-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(06-21-2015, 10:46 AM)DnALANGE Wrote: IS it possiblt to make a printscreen and use billboards of that screen or decals \ planes?

Then it is not the model itself Wink

This is a serious question though.

Depends. I could argue using the weapons from Doom, which are just cleverly drawn 3d images, to be in violation of copyright.

06-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Basicly, the art director of the game doesn't own anything in the game, the company owns it.

He just got paid to make it.
06-21-2015, 01:19 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(06-20-2015, 11:27 PM)(拉赫兰) Romulator Wrote: Vahn did not make the model. Because he did not make it, the first assumption is that the model is ripped from a game. Since we know the source of the model is from Call Of Duty, then we know that it is either ripped or based very very specifically off that asset. Therefore, Vahn does not own the model, and cannot speak on behalf of Activision.

I have never seen an official tool for the creation of zombie maps. Furthermore, I have never heard of Activision allowing modding of a game. I know there are unofficial means of applying modifications to Call Of Duty, but, no, that doesn't mean transferring a mod from one to another is any better.

It's fine that you don't want to claim it as your own. That's okay. But you have to credit the original makers of the work. The original creators are Activision, and their assets are copyright protected. You need permission from them to use their models, no matter where you got the Ray Gun model from.

Vahn's permission =/= Activision's opinion unless proven otherwise.

That you never heard about it doesn't mean that it's not real.
Custom zombies, is from the game itself. it just have the BUTTON in the game?!
can you believe it or not, if you play "zombies"there is a button called: CUSTOM ZOMBIES (with capitals I think)
there is even a forum about this mod. JUST like this!! even in CALL OF DUTY forum you can find people giving each other assets like Thudnergun, even other games etc.
But you said you have to ask the OWNER, lemme say that activision isn´t the owner. the onyl thign they do is publish it (I think)
btw, who Gave us the permission to use amnesia assets?! the same happened to call of duty..
06-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Frictional gave us that permission, because we're using the assets in their products, if you use them elsewhere, that's not permitted.

And yes, do you have any idea what a publisher is? THE PUBLISHER OWNS THE GAME.

The developer simply makes the game for the publisher, that's the entire point of having a publisher.

The publisher pays for the game to be made, devs make game, publisher sells game.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 07:21 PM by Traggey.)
06-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Find