Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Known Issues with the Level Editor
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Known Issues with the Level Editor

The only problem I have with the level editor is lag. HPL2 did this to me, but not so severely.

Start up took about 3 reboots before it didn't freeze and crash. (I'm on Win8.1, no 10 for me thanks.)

I have decent specs, my computer isn't a super hero but it get's the job done. (6 gb ram) I don't know if it's because of that but I could have literally nothing running and the program still lags for me.

HLP2 was a little slow, but only got really slow when I had big maps. In HPL3, when I open up a new map with nothing in it, the editor is slow to react to what I want from it, and takes nearly 3 seconds (which doesn't seem like a lot but is) to react to things like mouse navigation, scrolling, and the selection or placing of entities, objects and pretty much everything else.

Am I just seriously unlucky, or is there something else? I can't be the only modder working with a basic level computer with this problem, and I can't be the only modder with a basic level computer wanting to mod.

I'm gonna be kinda pissed either way, because one way I have to spend a fortune I don't have on upgrading, and the other I just won't be able to mod... *Le sigh*

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 09:44 PM by MsHannerBananer.)
10-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

The first few reboots will have this problem because it has to configure and prepare itself. Try loading one of the FG maps, then go watch TV for about 5 minutes before you come back.

But in actuality, it gets better with use. Takes time, but it does get there.

Edit: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-31156.html Not exactly a problem with the level editor, but its an overall development issue which can be corrected.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 02:54 PM by Romulator.)
10-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

More bugs or related issues...
  • When combining objects into a "Compound". If you revert back into it's individual objects. You lose selection on all of them. It would be nice if the Level Editor re-selected everything for you.
  • If you are above to place down an Entity/Static Object by holding down the left mouse button to get a visual representation.
    Then switch to another tab (Hotkeys 1 through Ctrl+B) it will only leave that object's visual in the Editor. Restarting the Level Editor will fix it. (Re-opening or New map doesn't seem to help)
  • Better Startup Optimization would be appreciated, the Editor has a tendency to crash for various reasons and starting up the Editor is a bit slow.
10-04-2015, 01:58 AM
Find
enex Offline

Threads: 0

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492...tdofgr.png

I have trouble of making entities display at all - notice only when you click on them
you get wireframe.Hard to navigate and see what is going on.How do I fix this/or is
it bug in first place?

Entities sometimes show up as completely black in the editor but look fine in-game.

Rapture Wrote:
In the properties at the right, click "Entity". Open the tab "Appearance" (It might appear as red), change the ColoMul property from black to "White".

I clicked on entity.I have no idea where tab appearance is located.
10-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Find
timCopwell Offline

Threads: 2

The most frustrating issue is an actual lag, or so I call it. Everything works fine, except Static objects and primitives placement. When I choose any of these tools the red circle which must follow your cursor teleports with 4-5 seconds delay. For example with lights placement, everything works fine. I tried waiting, to give the program some time to load, tried to lower the setting(at least what I could lower). Anything didn't work. Sad Any suggestions? The PC specs are OK, GTA:V on ultra etc.. Win 8.1
10-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Question: Am I the only person who, whenever I place a spotlight, it has a radius of 0 and is always facing 45, 225, 0 (or something similar)?

I personally would like it to have a radius of 1 and have no rotation applied.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 02:48 PM by Romulator.)
10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Find
timCopwell Offline

Threads: 2

(10-08-2015, 02:47 PM)Romulator Wrote: Question: Am I the only person who, whenever I place a spotlight, it has a radius of 0 and is always facing 45, 225, 0 (or something similar)?

I personally would like it to have a radius of 1 and have no rotation applied.

No, you're not. And this is weird Smile
10-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

When i map for a long time, the top bar from the level editor won't work anymore. I can't click "File" or "Edit". Nothing will show up and i need to restart to get it working again.

Don't know if this happened to anyone else. It's not that bad though. Just a restart is enough.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
10-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Find