Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save games crashing
Darryl Revok Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Save games crashing

Hello, everyone. I'm a long time lurker of this forum, but it's my first post.

I recently bought the game and, even though I was enjoying i tremendously, I'm having a problem loading up the saves. I played for about a couple of hours when it came out. But, yesterday, when I tried to load the game it crashed and it gave me the error Pure Virtual Function Call. This happens with the two last saves (both in Lambda) but I can load the previous ones. But I'm affraid that, if I keep playing, this will keep happening and I will have to repeat parts of the game to get the save working ¿Is there any solution for this?

My specs are: Intel i5 4460 3.20 Ghz, 8 Gb of RAM, ATI R-9 200 series and Windows 8

Thanks in advance and congrats to Frictional for yet another great game. I just want to keep playing it Wink
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 11:55 AM by Darryl Revok.)
09-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Save games crashing

As far as we know this should be the only, or very few, spots where this happens. You have found the temp solution, but we are working on fixing it correctly as well.
09-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Website Find
Darryl Revok Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Save games crashing

I actually haven't found a temporary solution. The only thing that I can do now is try to see if loading from a previous spot and manually saving where I was when this error started would work. But I think that I prefer to just wait until you guys fix it. I don't like replaying parts of a game, especially a horror game.

Thanks for the quick reply anyway.
09-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Find