Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Stuttering - hpl.log attached
TeeJay Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Game Stuttering - hpl.log attached

(09-25-2015, 03:58 PM)Thomas Wrote: The patch is now in the normal branch, so please try switching to that too.

Could also try to turn off shader cache and threaded optimization in the Nvidia control panel manually and see if that does the trick.

I have the same card and all runs fine to me. But just saw that I do not have the latest driver version so might be some new problem in that one. Will get back to you in a bit!

Turned off shader cache and threaded optimization... still no luck. Feeling doomed Confused
09-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers, restarting computer and then installing them again?

Could be a case of driver corruption.
09-28-2015, 08:57 AM
Find
Mijji Offline

Threads: 0

I found some sort of fix for myself. I had a lot of stuttering (like really frequent - most games I would have just deemed unplayable at that point but I wanted to see the story, lol) and eventually crashes as well, but for now I seem to have fixed it by installing Soma on the same SSD with Windows. It was on a seperate HDD before. I'll let you know if it breaks again but I got through Theta fine now (it used to crash every time I entered Theta).

I'm also running on Windows 10 and an Nvidia card (GTX 770) for what it's worth. I had tried verifying files, and using the beta, and different nvidia control panel setups, and reinstalling drivers, etc. etc. but only this worked for me.

It doesn't feel like my HDD is breaking, cause I have every other steam game installed on it and they run fine. But then I'm not really an expert on hard drives. Anyway, hope this is some help to someone, somewhere!

Don't you know how to fly?
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 12:55 PM by Mijji.)
09-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Find