Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Stuttering - hpl.log attached
TeeJay Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game Stuttering - hpl.log attached

Hi,

I seem to be having a graphics problem, but from what I can tell my system surpasses the recommended system requirements.

I attached my hpl.log as was requested in the troubleshooting post.

I'm not sure what the issue could be, it ran perfectly fine up until I reached the transport area to Lambda. Underwater areas were fine, but at each airlock and then at the train the game stuttered. After this point I went towards Lambda and upon attempting to de-flood the airlock the game stuttered and then froze.

Hopefully we can get this solved quickly, I'm recording the gameplay as well and don't want too much of a delay with the uploads.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 34.68 KB / Downloads: 138)
09-25-2015, 05:49 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game Stuttering - hpl.log attached

Have you tried to verify the cache integrity after switching to the beta? Right-click on SOMA in steam, properties, local files verify cache integrity.
09-25-2015, 06:48 AM
Website Find
TeeJay Offline

(09-25-2015, 06:48 AM)jens Wrote: Have you tried to verify the cache integrity after switching to the beta? Right-click on SOMA in steam, properties, local files verify cache integrity.

Yes I did, sorry forgot to mention that.
09-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

The patch is now in the normal branch, so please try switching to that too.

Could also try to turn off shader cache and threaded optimization in the Nvidia control panel manually and see if that does the trick.

I have the same card and all runs fine to me. But just saw that I do not have the latest driver version so might be some new problem in that one. Will get back to you in a bit!
09-25-2015, 03:58 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

I have a 660 Ti, and just tried with latest drivers and got no stutters at all.

Do you have Windows 10?
09-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Find
Unregistered

(09-25-2015, 03:58 PM)Thomas Wrote: The patch is now in the normal branch, so please try switching to that too.

Could also try to turn off shader cache and threaded optimization in the Nvidia control panel manually and see if that does the trick.

I have the same card and all runs fine to me. But just saw that I do not have the latest driver version so might be some new problem in that one. Will get back to you in a bit!

I will try that and see if it works (I'll respond a little later) additionally to answer your other question I do have Windows 10.
09-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Could be something specific to windows 10's OGL drivers then ugh...

Also are these stutters constant or just during certain moments? Because the game does drop a few frames and freezes (0.5 - 2 seconds) during level transitions and when saving the same game. Just wanna make sure that it is not these you are referring to.
09-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Find
TeeJay Offline

(09-25-2015, 06:51 PM)Thomas Wrote: Could be something specific to windows 10's OGL drivers then ugh...

Also are these stutters constant or just during certain moments? Because the game does drop a few frames and freezes (0.5 - 2 seconds) during level transitions and when saving the same game. Just wanna make sure that it is not these you are referring to.

While it does freeze a bit during saves, my exact issue is when I'm transferring from Outside (the ocean) to Lambda right before you meet Catherine in "person". The game stutters so much it's unrecordable and at some points it simply crashes my graphics drivers (closing the game in the process).
09-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Can restart steam so you get the latest update? BuildID: 790226. See if that fix.

Sorry about all these issues. Sometimes bugs only happens at a specific setup, so can be hard to nail down. But gonna do our best to get this fixed Smile
09-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Find
TeeJay Offline

(09-25-2015, 11:23 PM)Thomas Wrote: Can restart steam so you get the latest update? BuildID: 790226. See if that fix.

Sorry about all these issues. Sometimes bugs only happens at a specific setup, so can be hard to nail down. But gonna do our best to get this fixed Smile

Restarted Steam but it's not updating SOMA at all. Stuck at 789976.
09-25-2015, 11:37 PM
Find