Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Spoiler] Baddest ending ever ?
Seelze Offline

Threads: 1
[Spoiler] Baddest ending ever ?

hey there,
in my opinion is that the worst ending ever, I had imagined Finally, a small boss fight comes where you have to solve some little physics puzzles or Finally preparing the cannon make a epic shoot (nothing). The last hour of the game ran like this: Over felt 2 hours running through the darkness, after you take the ark stuck it in the satellite and then into the rocket END (the game slowly rise the excitement and then just felt into the deep ) .... I'm not a hater but otherwise this is really weak ... apart from the 2 bugs that I had (the door of the submarine in delta and the ventilation shaft) it came to me so as the game was completed to 70 % and then should quickly comes an end. Sorry for my english

what's your opinion? greetings seelze
09-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Find
Atwa Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [Spoiler] Baddest ending ever ?

The ending is perfect and encapsulates the previous 10 or so hours in an almost insultingly fitting way.
09-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Find
Stiven Offline

Game is good but ending....Weakest ending ever. Or FORCIEST DRAMA ever, ending. It literally makes no sense. It's seem like they have made the game, with multiple endings, because there many BIG story choises that should change ending completely (like at the end with virus), but then for some reason someone decided that they going for "sad" - "cry" ending no matter what. So now there only one, most hurrr ending, and a lot of player choices which is leading to nothing. I mean, if they as creators decided, so be it, no question. But why teasing player all the game with choises? And why so FORSED DRAMA on empty space, when characters definitely can do much better on earth?
[Image: Ib4al9H.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 12:29 AM by Stiven.)
09-27-2015, 12:27 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Seelze:
Mechanically-dominated games culminate in a mechanics-testing battle/encounter that tests everything you've learned up to that point.

A narrative-dominated game culminates in a narrative-concluding event that underscores and evolves everything you've learned up to that point. The game's ending is a cognitive final boss.

Stiven:
The gel does not necessarily repair, it rebuilds things into what WAU considers an improved iteration of that object. The WAU seems very poor at comprehending the function or intention of living creatures, and appears to consider technically living but braindead bodies to be a correct form of humans. When the WAU has attempted to rebuild still-living brains, the results are...poor.

However, assuming that you did not delete your Simon file from the laboratory, and the WAU is eventually able to reliably create sane-approaching human-patterned robots, your preferred ending can still happen.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 03:04 AM by hollowleviathan.)
09-27-2015, 01:37 AM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1

Soma's ending was like something out of a Philip K Dick story...........so I had ZERO issues with how it ended. In fact, if it had ended any other way I probably would have been disappointed or confused.

Soma will eventually get another play through from me in the future.

Soma's story also seemed inspired by the story "I have no mouth and I must scream". Want to talk about a grim, dark ending ? Read that story. You will love and appreciate Soma's ending then.

[Image: signature015.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 04:48 AM by Noisecode.)
09-27-2015, 04:46 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Ending is fine.
Altho, I must say PIGS ending is way more "well made" in my opinion:

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 05:01 AM by Kein.)
09-27-2015, 05:00 AM
Find
JohnDoe Offline

The ending was basically perfect in my opinion. Simon freaking out because he refused to understand the stark reality of brain copies? Juxtaposed by Simon on the Ark, not even thinking about the one who was left behind? It was glorious.
09-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

I agree with the OP.

Spoiler below!
[Image: rpbkw.jpg]

09-28-2015, 01:53 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(09-28-2015, 01:53 AM)Paddy™ Wrote: I agree with the OP.

Spoiler below!
[Image: rpbkw.jpg]

Spoiler below!
[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=122194086]

09-28-2015, 02:05 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

OP doesn't get basic things. Ending was best ever.

[Image: signature-2.png]
09-28-2015, 03:28 AM
Find