Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Spoiler] Baddest ending ever ?
SineDeus Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [Spoiler] Baddest ending ever ?

I thought the ending was absolutely perfect. If it leaves you thinking, thats it?? Then thats perfect. Because that truly is what it is. Simon is absolutely screwed, completely alone and isolated waiting to starve like the people who's fate he thought he would escape from. And it's all his fault, he was too ignorant to realize he wouldn't make it. Plus with the ending on the ARK it's simply divine, showing the destroyed earth, a simon that has no idea that his counterpart is alive and about to die, it's a great ending
10-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Find
lightbug Offline

that ending was perfect! simon (the player version) was always lucky, passing from one simon to another simon, unitl the very end. Brillant!

so lucky the ark version of simon, time to fun with catherine Big Grin
10-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah, the Ending was amazing. I liken it to the gut-punching ending of that film The Mist (minus Thomas Jane's bad acting).

It was perfectly set up that you really should have seen in coming, but even if you did, the fact that it went there was just "oh shit, they actually did that!".

That's why I'm not too keen on doing any sequels involving Simon. I think his story ends up perfectly.
10-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(10-07-2015, 10:05 PM)PathOS Wrote: Yeah, the Ending was amazing. I liken it to the gut-punching ending of that film The Mist (minus Thomas Jane's bad acting).

It was perfectly set up that you really should have seen in coming, but even if you did, the fact that it went there was just "oh shit, they actually did that!".

That's why I'm not too keen on doing any sequels involving Simon. I think his story ends up perfectly.

Even though i really enjoyed the ending, it left me speechless and a bit disappointed. I mean think about Simon-3. He will have to stay down there forever. He is left alone, because the Omnitool (With Cath inside) broke down. Would you like to be surrounded by complete darkness and with noone else around for the rest of your life (And i'm going to assume the robotic simon can live longer than any lifeforms on the planet, due the way he was created.)?

Well he COULD "die" if his battery drains, which only puts him in some kind of stasis mode.
Simon-4 won the jackpot compared to Simon-3.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
10-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

"You lost the coin toss."

"The Prestige" anyone?

Damn. Someone already asked this question. Nevermind then.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 10:40 PM by Fomzo.)
10-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Find
lightbug Offline

(10-07-2015, 10:30 PM)Fomzo Wrote: "You lost the coin toss."

"The Prestige" anyone?

Damn. Someone already asked this question. Nevermind then.

yes, haha too much similarity
10-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I'd imagine if he didn't kill Sarah and didn't wreck the Omnitool containing Cath, he could've gotten out of the pilot seat and spent a good rest of existence conversing with them

[Image: p229xcq]
10-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

When the credits rolled I was like what the FUUUCK ARE YOU SERIOUS

but then I woke up in the ark and I was like oh, this is great. Very well played. It left me happy, but then very deeply disturbed at the same time. A very interesting mix that I haven't experienced before from a story.

Am now having a heated discussion with my friend who hasn't even played the game but watched the ending. Only fitting that such a thought-provoking game would end in a way that facilitates so much discussion.

Soma was a great triumph, 10/10 (except for the asshole at tau who slaughtered me). It was more than I expected or could hope for really. I would've liked to see some of the stuff from the teaser considering those are the things that got me excited for the game in the first place, but it's fine, they used different methods of exploring the theme. Would've been cool to see that spiderbot though.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
10-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

judging by the notes in this image from super secret folder it seems something more complex was initially planned for the ending. Might be some further info on it in the design/brainstorm documents, but I dont have the patience to go through those

[Image: KgP1xV5.jpg]
10-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

come to think of it, I did expect more near the ending with wau. Like I expected a bit more backstory and creepy shit around his heart. Ross follows you for so long and builds it up so much but all you have to do is fist the anus, then ross gets eaten, then you run for a bit from this worm lookin thing. Maybe if it were more like walking through the giger caves like from the teaser it could've been built up a bit more, it just felt sorta underwhelming. then it wasn't even directly tied to the ending of the game even though wau was so tied in to the story. it was still ok but could've been a bit better I feel.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
10-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Find