Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the main character? (spoiler!)
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
Who is the main character? (spoiler!)

One bit I don't get about the story, who or what is the main character, and how come he is suddenly woken up in a pilot seat of PATHOS-2 with the conciousness of a century old brainscan,

Other bits I don't understand, he touches a stationary robot and it starts talking to him, and he asks himself how did I do that.

And another bit he touches some glowing organic material, it makes him flinch and then says wow, it doesn't hurt anymore. What did he mean by that?
09-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Who is the main character? (spoiler!)

(09-27-2015, 09:47 AM)cantremember Wrote: One bit I don't get about the story, who or what is the main character, and how come he is suddenly woken up in a pilot seat of PATHOS-2 with the conciousness of a century old brainscan,

Other bits I don't understand, he touches a stationary robot and it starts talking to him, and he asks himself how did I do that.

And another bit he touches some glowing organic material, it makes him flinch and then says wow, it doesn't hurt anymore. What did he mean by that?

How far along are you in the game ? Because, without giving too much away, some of your questions eventually get answered while one of your questions has yet to be answered .... Quite possibly by a certain prequel film some of us are still waiting to see....

If you really want to know, PM me and I will tell you....but I urge you to keep playing. Soma was a great experience and quite suspenseful with some really great plot twists.

Also.....
Spoiler below!
Watch the two Shorts Vivarium and Mocking bird on YouTube. The events that happen in them as well as a certain character are very important to the Soma storyline

[Image: signature015.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 10:02 AM by Noisecode.)
09-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-27-2015, 09:47 AM)cantremember Wrote: And another bit he touches some glowing organic material, it makes him flinch and then says wow, it doesn't hurt anymore. What did he mean by that?
This one is rather puzzling, yes. The actual mechanics behind it.

The rest are answered through the game.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(09-27-2015, 10:14 AM)Kein Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 09:47 AM)cantremember Wrote: And another bit he touches some glowing organic material, it makes him flinch and then says wow, it doesn't hurt anymore. What did he mean by that?
This one is rather puzzling, yes. The actual mechanics behind it.

The rest are answered through the game.

I have just one theory.
Spoiler below!
The WAU must have taken note of Simon's body construction prior to taking damage from a proxy, and since it has the guiding mission to preserve all life it encounters, it repairs your body.

Since the WAU is known to emulate what it sees humans construct, these health flowers could simply be it emulating first aid stations.

While the WAU may already known the intended construction of Simon-2, since presumably it built him, it's less obvious that it would know the intended construction of Simon-3, although it was based on Simon-2's design, so it's easy for me to believe that it could correctly rebuild it based on observation or assuming similar construction to Simon-2.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 07:09 PM by hollowleviathan.)
09-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

That's what I took away from it. It injects him with structure gel.
09-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Find