Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Spoiler] Humans on earth
eddman Offline

Threads: 2
[Spoiler] Humans on earth

Even today, there are many nuclear shelters that can supposedly survive a worldwide nuclear war, so I'd imagine that the bunkers/shelters of 2100s should be far more advanced and resilient than current ones.

They knew the comet was coming, so surely some people must've taken shelter in such places and might be alive.

Could a comet impacting the ocean be so destructive that none of the shelters survived its destruction?
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 02:54 PM by eddman.)
09-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Possiblity of other humans being alive on earth

I just looked up NORAD specs and even it doesn't seem to scrub and circulate its own air. If the surface world has become inhospitable because of the atmosphere, which seems most likely to me, there would be very few, if any, places to live for more than a few hours.
09-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Find
Kaliyo Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah some could take underground shelters, as long they have food supplies, air, hydroponics installations etc they can live I assume.
09-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Find
Corvo Offline

Threads: 3

I cant be the only one who thought about this, but if there is a Pathos-II station maybe there could be a Pathos-I station
10-01-2015, 04:56 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(10-01-2015, 04:56 AM)Corvo Wrote: I cant be the only one who thought about this, but if there is a Pathos-II station maybe there could be a Pathos-I station

Maybe site Alpha is actually Pathos-I?

This forum is dead
10-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Find
Bool Offline

Threads: 1

Your thread title is a huge spoiler. Can you change that please?
10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Find
eddman Offline

RE: [Spoiler] Humans on earth

(10-01-2015, 11:03 AM)Bool Wrote: Your thread title is a huge spoiler. Can you change that please?

I changed it, but if someone hasn't played or finished the game yet, then he/she shouldn't visit this subforum to begin with.

(09-30-2015, 07:59 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I just looked up NORAD specs and even it doesn't seem to scrub and circulate its own air. If the surface world has become inhospitable because of the atmosphere, which seems most likely to me, there would be very few, if any, places to live for more than a few hours.

"There are also a network of blast valves set up to ensure safe air"

"The series of blast valves, meanwhile, are set up so that, should there be an attack, the air inside remains breathable. That's because the valves have sophisticated filters that can clean contaminated air, and which provide a 20-second delay between entering the mountain from the outside and making it inside the blast doors.

Indeed, said Jason Cook, the civil engineering director, the blast doors and blast valves are designed to work in conjunction to protect the complex from the worst possible scenario: a blast wave. With the single push of a button, Cook added, the filters kick in to clean the air, and the doors close."

http://www.cnet.com/news/americas-fortre...d-live-on/

Besides, as I mentioned, it is the 2100s, so their bunkers should be even more advanced.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 03:00 PM by eddman.)
10-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Find
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16

And what about the space programme? It's the 2100's they must have been able to establish a self sufficient colony on the Moon and maybe even on Mars, or at least on the International Space Station.

If that sounds too far fetched, there are people living on the international space station today...by 2100 the space station should have been extended to host more people, possibly even become self sufficient regarding food and water. The present day space station is already self sufficient to some extent, as it is powered by solar panels and a small nuclear reactor, and they are researching ways to grow food in small hydroponics aboard the station, and have very powerful filters that recycle waste water into drinkable one.
There should be at least 10 - 15 people aboard it by 2100, and they should have been able to stockpile enough food and water to last at least for a year or even two, knowing beforehand the comet will hit Earth.
The game hints that space exploration has become a bit easier due to the low cost space launching via the Omega cannon from station Phi.
The only possible explanation would be that either there was an inhabited space station, but the comet hit it before Earth or dragged it out of orbit, either that humanity lost all interest in space exploration (it seems to be happening today in comparision with the 1960's) due to economical issues or other reasons.

Also, in the game we learn as a fact that the comet struck in the ocean, not the continental mass. If this is the case then it would most likely have produced a very high tsunami, wiping everything across the face of Earth (like in the 2012 movie), but then the waters would have gradually retreated...and there is no logical explanation for the fires "reaching all the way into the sky", unless:
A. The comet caused intense volcanic activity afterward.
B. Upon impact the comet poisoned the atmosphere with some highly flammable gas contained within it, causing the oxygen in the Earth atmosphere to ignite.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 01:40 PM by Omnitool.)
10-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-01-2015, 04:56 AM)Corvo Wrote: I cant be the only one who thought about this, but if there is a Pathos-II station maybe there could be a Pathos-I station
Doubt that:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...#pid327490

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Find
Darth Biomech Offline

Threads: 0

Judging from what is seen on the final cinematic with the view of Earth from the orbit - parts of the crust on continents is melted down into giant lava pools. I doubt ANY bunker can survive that. PATHOS-2 probably survived ONLY because of all that water above it, that shielded it from the blastwave and dissipated the heat.
10-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Find