Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strange Display Flicker/Distortion
StormWeaver Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange Display Flicker/Distortion

Thank you all for your help, I managed to figure out a solution. It ended up being an issue with me using windows 7 on a macbook pro as was previously mentioned. I figured that when the computer told me I was up to date it was accurate. It seems that Mac does not give updates or drivers for its hardware such as video cards, or if they do not often enough.
I was also unable to simply download them from nVidia because its not supported on a Mac and cant be run on windows because Mac still controls the hardware even while running boot camp.

For Anyone else that has this problem I went to , they have lists of very up to date drivers even for systems that normally cant install them due to many issues and is to my experience completely safe. After following the instructions I installed the correct drivers and all my problems vanished.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who has similar issues, thank you all for your help. Big Grin:

Specs: MacBook Pro Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit through Boot Camp

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz
4096MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (Drivers are up to date)
Local Resolution 1440 x 900
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2010, 02:34 PM by jens.)
01-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Find
Zouche Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange Display Flicker/Distortion

I was having this exact same problem: out of date drivers for a macbook pro.

Unfortunately, the website posted by StormWeaver seems to be out of date now, so I thought I would post an update for anyone who has this same problem:

1. Go to http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/ and find the latest driver that matches your OS.
2. Download both the driver executable AND the modified .inf file
3. Run the driver executable to extract the drivers into a folder
4. Copy the modified .inf file into the extracted folder and overwrite the file that was in there already
5. Run the Setup.exe and follow the instructions

Good luck!
02-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Find