Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to simulate an outside underwater area?
Diago21 Offline

Threads: 2
Best way to simulate an outside underwater area?

Hey guys,
I'm making a map that takes place inside, however the outside can be seen from various points throughout the map and I'm just wondering how to make the outside area look like the one from the main game. Eg. The tunnel area you walk through in Upsilon at the start of the game. Advice on settings, skyboxes, etc. would be much appreciated! Wink
10-08-2015, 04:22 AM
Find
Vale Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Best way to simulate an outside underwater area?

I dont know if anyone has really looked into that a lot yet, but I could be wrong. Keep in mind the game released a short time ago and that the beginners and experienced modders alike have to do a lot of research. Open the map up in the level editor and look the settings/exterior over. There will probably be a guide on this relatively soon, so if you dont find your answer be patient.
10-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah, I haven't had a chance to try the Editor yet, but if I wanted to recreate that tube from Upsilon I would open up the Upsilon A map and find it and see how that area has been constructed.
10-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Find
Diago21 Offline

Threads: 2

Yeah I've been trying to backwards engineer the map for a while now :/ I think it may also have to do with the skybox I'm using but I can't seem to find the same skybox in the game files anywhere.. Thanks anyway guys! I'll keep at it Smile
10-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Find