Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SPOILERS] What happened to Strohmeier?
Dundle Offline

Threads: 1
[SPOILERS] What happened to Strohmeier?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the game that explains what happened to Strohmeier. Presumably he died at some point, but its never confirmed. It's a strange because a lot of the "main" characters have discoverable fates, and you would expect that of one of the first characters you learn of on PATHOS-II.

Maybe I missed something. Anyone have any ideas? I'd be a bit disappointed if its never explained. Smile

EDIT: Turns out there is an answer. Thanks Potato!
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 10:00 AM by Dundle.)
10-09-2015, 05:34 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11
RE: [SPOILERS] What happened to Strohmeier?

Yeah, he was someone who we never really saw. I think we heard a few things on communications. But otherwise we never really got a chance to know him well, and we never got to see his room either since it was in an area of Theta we couldn't reach.

But indeed, I too was wondering what became of him, or some of the more higher level Pathos administrators.
10-09-2015, 05:45 AM
Find
Dundle Offline

(10-09-2015, 05:45 AM)PathOS Wrote: Yeah, he was someone who we never really saw. I think we heard a few things on communications. But otherwise we never really got a chance to know him well, and we never got to see his room either since it was in an area of Theta we couldn't reach.

But indeed, I too was wondering what became of him, or some of the more higher level Pathos administrators.

I think his room was in the hall with all the other rooms you could enter, but it was locked. Apparently Catherine had no interest in unlocking it.

In the in-game video that loads up when you first plug in the omnitool, he's referred to as a "security operative." Some parts of the game give off the impression he was in charge of Theta. There is quite a bit of talk about him from the transmission buffers... seems like the game just decides to drop him out of the story once you're past the Theta labs.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 06:00 AM by Dundle.)
10-09-2015, 05:58 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Spoiler below!
Apparently, Brandon's efforts were in vain. He's supposedly one of the Proxy victims you find in Theta maintenance along with Alice, Goya, and some others. It's only apparent through the voice files, which are the faint murmurs you hear the sleeping people muttering. I don't believe he has a unique corpse or anything like Alice does, though.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Find
Dundle Offline

Potato:

Ah, that's actually quite useful. That pretty much explains what I was wondering about. I didn't listen to some of the captive, murmuring bodies because I was trying to avoid the proxies in that part. I guess listening to them closely would tell you who's who. Thanks Potato!

OK, the game does tell you their fate then. Cool. Smile
10-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Find
kojack Offline

Threads: 0

He's in Theta exit. He's still "alive", one of those breathing bodies that really don't look well.

In the editor:
Spoiler below!

[Image: PLE42u7.jpg]

The model is standing up in the editor, but in game it should be lying down.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 10:39 AM by kojack.)
10-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Yep, he is the the WAU's Matrix as well.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 08:01 PM by Kein.)
10-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Find