Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sabatu's Thread
Seneth Offline

Threads: 9
Sabatu's Thread

HI , I dont want to make thousand threads Big Grin I make one and there you will find qeustions and I hope answers
I have two big ques.
Its possible to find program to edit and create text in the game.
In Amnesia I had good HPL text program named LangTool from FGWiki.
In In SOMA this program won't work.
-----------------------------------------------
The second: Wich script or function is something like amnesia /// SetMessage()
-----------------------------------------------
And pleas how can I recognize ITEMS in entitis ? there is to many object wich i Thought is Items, but no Sad
11-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Sabatu's Thread

The LangTool is already included in the SOMA editors. Is that the one not working, or are you trying the same one for Amnesia?

I wasn't able to find a SetMessage function. I don't remember seeing it used in SOMA either. Maybe it's not there. You can probably get it going anyway though, seeing as how moddable it is. Perhaps using some GUI setup.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 10:25 AM by Mudbill.)
11-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Find
Seneth Offline

(11-09-2015, 10:24 AM)Mudbill Wrote: The LangTool is already included in the SOMA editors. Is that the one not working, or are you trying the same one for Amnesia?

I wasn't able to find a SetMessage function. I don't remember seeing it used in SOMA either. Maybe it's not there. You can probably get it going anyway though, seeing as how moddable it is. Perhaps using some GUI setup.

setmessage Big Grin ok
but I can't find lang tool in soma Big Grin
11-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I could not find the lang tool either, assumed it was not included this time for some reason? where did you find it? I checked in main soma folder over and over and it's not there.

as a replacement for that the "Lang Editor Tool" by Apjjm https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12213.html has been a decent replacement.
though I have had some minor issues with it, like it being unable to support certain characters used in computer lang files, and it only being able to open files in editor, and not directly from the file explorer or what it is on your OS.
11-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I could've sworn it was there when I first looked. Maybe they removed it, in the situation that it didn't work. Another file that I no longer have is the _supersecret.rar file, so something is definitely different.

11-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Find
Seneth Offline

Thx.. Lang tool work great but only for another lang Big Grin English lang= Empty lang Big Grin .
But better then nothing Big Grin I can use original lang and delete original levels , Terminals and everything and create my own..
but another question

Can you tell me name of entiti ( note /diary page)
with some text wich you can recognize because this text is ehmm .. bad quality..
something like universal note entity wich can be used for Note_Name_text Big Grin
just simple readable letter or note.. or maybe it will be better use from amnesia readable notepage Big Grin

When you will make some tutorials for soma ? I mean no level editor basic .
But some specialities like terminals, basic airlock, elevator, and one thing wich I looking forward Big Grin Something like set message or hmm. subtittles without sound Big Grin

I mean this will be usefull for mods without voiceactor.. You will see text or subtittles without voiceplay..
I cant speek english /Bad english/bad voice Big Grin/ but for now I can have just simple text and later i can add voiceactor Big Grin
I thing this will be one script like Entity_SetActive("asEntityName", true): or something like that
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2015, 12:05 AM by Seneth.)
11-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Find
Vale Offline

Threads: 13

I still have a copy of _supersecret.rar because I'm guilty of not updating my game, but there does not appear to have even been a lang editor.
Totally forgot about this things existence, but it's almost 1gb, even compressed. Curious as to whats inside its vaults.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2015, 07:56 AM by Vale.)
11-10-2015, 07:55 AM
Find
Kanthos Offline

Threads: 7

supersecret.rar is just a collection of artworks, development videos of funny bugs and such things. You can open it with "19PzQ8arc11rkdv".
11-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22

(11-10-2015, 12:04 AM)Seneth Wrote: Can you tell me name of entiti ( note /diary page)
with some text wich you can recognize because this text is ehmm .. bad quality..
something like universal note entity wich can be used for Note_Name_text Big Grin
just simple readable letter or note.. or maybe it will be better use from amnesia readable notepage Big Grin

There isn't a generic note entity that you can just script in some text and it will automatically show what you want, but you could take any existing note entity (such as the one at entities/oceanbottom/ornaments/03_01_note_golasky) and create a duplicate entity with your own material.

(11-10-2015, 12:04 AM)Seneth Wrote: When you will make some tutorials for soma ? I mean no level editor basic .
But some specialities like terminals, basic airlock, elevator, and one thing wich I looking forward Big Grin Something like set message or hmm. subtittles without sound Big Grin

As far as I can tell (and I have looked quite a while for it), there isn't a direct equivalent to Amnesia's SetMessage function to allow you to quickly throw up some text on the screen. This function can easily be replicated, however, with a custom module. And if you really wanted, you could probably use the Hint Module to get a similar result.

For other things, there are several tutorials for various things on the community wiki, and I've made a sample airlock and elevator as part of my proof-of-concept series that you can download and see how they work.
11-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Find
Seneth Offline

Can you tell me why my pathnodes still arghhh.
All enemy just stay in his spawn (entityactive) and walk only if they spot meSad
[Image: 12238137_1075739449133418_471179671607213978_o.jpg]
11-14-2015, 09:55 PM
Find