Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra (Requiem) Ending General Discussion
Goja Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Penumbra (Requiem) Ending General Discussion

But frictionnal said there won't be Sad Nothing is better than something bad anyway!
07-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(07-01-2011, 05:34 PM)Goja Wrote: But frictionnal said there won't be Sad Nothing is better than something bad anyway!

I thought they said that they are pretty tired of penumbra, but they didn't mentioned there is not a chance for a sequel. Though, it is a fact that we won't see a sequel in the next few years .

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2011, 07:25 PM by BAndrew.)
07-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Find
Goja Offline

That's why it's better not! First is always best usually (its the case here) then too many change occurs (commercial usually.. Or else). Penumbra should be over. Like Silent Hill should've been maybe.
07-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(07-03-2011, 01:51 AM)Goja Wrote: That's why it's better not! First is always best usually (its the case here) then too many change occurs (commercial usually.. Or else). Penumbra should be over. Like Silent Hill should've been maybe.

Even if Penumbra is over, I am sure the next game(s) will be greater and greater and of course much better than Penumbra. After all I think that if Frictional Games make a sequel, there will be many more questions than answers.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

07-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Find
Goja Offline

You seems too in love with Frictional to be that naive... Come on, it's same everywhere, tell me a game studio that made a hit serie which didn't become non sense or turned badly after years? None. The fact that frictionnal wants to develop on XBOX360 totally go in that way.
07-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(07-05-2011, 04:27 AM)Goja Wrote: You seems too in love with Frictional to be that naive... Come on, it's same everywhere, tell me a game studio that made a hit serie which didn't become non sense or turned badly after years? None. The fact that frictionnal wants to develop on XBOX360 totally go in that way.

When did Penumbra became non sense or badly?

07-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Find
Goja Offline

I said after years, it could mean 2, 5, 10... Did i say Penumbra become non sense or badly? Never... You're indeed too in love with Frictionnal Big Grin But well, being objective, you can't say Requiem is a GOOD Penumbra. Amnesia is begining of the commercial turn to me (i'm not saying the game is bad) Wink
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2011, 09:49 PM by Goja.)
07-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

There's no such thing as objective review of art. I think Reqiuem was a good game, and I do not think that any perceived trends in 'mainstreamed' game studios necessarily applies to Frictional, who are still very unconventional in the face of moderate success and considerable acclaim.
07-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(07-06-2011, 09:46 PM)Goja Wrote: I said after years, it could mean 2, 5, 10... Did i say Penumbra become non sense or badly? Never... You're indeed too in love with Frictionnal Big Grin But well, being objective, you can't say Requiem is a GOOD Penumbra. Amnesia is begining of the commercial turn to me (i'm not saying the game is bad) Wink

Yes, but I am not talking about a 2, 5 or 10 years continuation of the series. I am talking about a sequel and the last game in the series which will give us the answers we want.

Penumbra Requiem is an expansion not a full game so I can't say it's a bad Penumbra game. I also know some game series which are still successful after many games released like The Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, Battlefield , Call Of Duty and others.

Amnesia the dark descent was far better than penumbra. I was only a bit dissapointed with the story but in overall it was excellent.

Quote:I do not think that any perceived trends in 'mainstreamed' game studios necessarily applies to Frictional, who are still very unconventional in the face of moderate success and considerable acclaim.
I have to agree with that.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2011, 03:59 PM by BAndrew.)
07-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Find
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21

meh never finished Requiem because i didn't like the game, only puzzles to solve.
07-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Find