Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is Next????
Orion Offline

Threads: 1
What Is Next????

The wife and I have been playing Adventure games since 1979. Dos was alive and well. I cant tell you how many games we've played but what I can tell you is that Soma was the BEST production we ever played. What a work of art, a master piece. Lengthy, graphically beautiful and what a story. I swear that Fictional Games is not of this earth after that story line. I could see the makings of a movie here.

We loved the Amnesia's and Penumbra's as well.

Thank you for the hours of entertainment and enjoyment which brings me to the Thread Subject. Please tell me you are working on another project surrounding the play of Soma. For the life of me I cannot think for one minute, with the success of Soma and the others mentioned, that you would not.
11-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What Is Next????

The good thing about Frictional, is they listen to what their gamers tell them about their likes and dislikes from a game.

They'll take what people loved from Soma and enhance that. Change the things people weren't so keen on and make a better experience. An example of that, are the monster encounters. They were obviously aware that a lot of the reviewers (and gamers) that the monster can become annoying over time, and take away from the experience to some degree. They'll learn from that and their next project will hopefully build on that Smile

As for next project, I can't see anything coming about for a few years yet. They may do dlc for this game, but not including Justine, it will be a real first. I'm not sure they're dlc people.

Soma was a massive technical improvement over Amnesia so whatever they do next, it's going to go another step further.
11-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Find
Shambles Offline

I sincerely hope they do more with the SOMA universe, be it DLC or a full on sequel or prequel. I have a lot of respect for Frictional, and likewise, they have a lot of respect for their fans.
11-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Find
Sleepbug Offline

After beating SOMA, I wanted a DLC where you play as someone at PATHOS-II before the comet. I know a custom story could probably be made to fill this desire, but it's not the same if it's not made by Frictional Games.

Are You Still In There? Am I Still Here?
12-01-2015, 02:11 AM
Find
MrSteve Offline

The good thing about SOMA, is there's a lot of potential for dlc.

There as so many characters/scenarios in the game, that you could do a great deal.
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I'm hoping it will be metroidvania platformer.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
12-03-2015, 04:06 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(12-03-2015, 04:06 AM)Kein Wrote: I'm hoping it will be metroidvania platformer.

I did once suggest in another thread that SOMA has the possibility of being a metroid-style game, like the Metroid Prime games.

I really liked the locations in SOMA, but I wish I could go back to some of them [see my post about SOMA's monsters.] If only they created a Transit system in the game similar to Alien: Isolation, then I would have preferred that way of getting around to the other sites.

Other then that, I still liked the game. Would love to see more come out of SOMA at some point.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
12-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Find
Striker Offline

Threads: 2
Thumbs Up  RE: What Is Next????

(11-29-2015, 09:06 PM)Orion Wrote: The wife and I have been playing Adventure games since 1979. Dos was alive and well. I cant tell you how many games we've played but what I can tell you is that Soma was the BEST production we ever played. What a work of art, a master piece. Lengthy, graphically beautiful and what a story. I swear that Fictional Games is not of this earth after that story line. I could see the makings of a movie here.

We loved the Amnesia's and Penumbra's as well.

Thank you for the hours of entertainment and enjoyment which brings me to the Thread Subject. Please tell me you are working on another project surrounding the play of Soma. For the life of me I cannot think for one minute, with the success of Soma and the others mentioned, that you would not.

What, you're telling me this was better than King's Quest or Leisure Suit Larry? Get out of town playboy.

Just kidding, I loved this game, it hit me on a metaphysical level nothing else has, hope there is something coming down the pipe.

You know that feeling you got when you heard "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" in Bioshock Infinite? Yeah this game hit me like that.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 07:20 AM by Striker.)
12-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(12-07-2015, 07:20 AM)Striker Wrote: You know that feeling you got when you heard "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" in Bioshock Infinite? Yeah this game hit me like that.

Am I the only person who can't stand that song? I like lyrical, stylistic theme songs in video games when they're done well, but that one was way too sappy and over the top.
12-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

This relevant to the topic how?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
12-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Find